Fiverr Community Forum

I am New. Please Tell Me What I have done wrong

I have just joined and created my first gig and profile. Can someone look at it and tell me what I need to change.
I was unsure of a lot of things and I have probably put some daft stuff. I want to get hired
Appreciated

6 Likes

You don’t have any gigs on display.

Check out: https://www.fiverr.com/support for all you need to get started on Fiverr.

Enjoy the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You need to click on “publish” on a gig for it to become active and seen by others (after it’s been checked by Fiverr first).

3 Likes

please share your gig link

1 Like

Sorry you were right. I had not clicked “publish”

I have done now

Be prepared…

3 Likes

I am not yet allowed to post links

1 Like

“I do reviews”

You need to remove the above from your gig as Fiverr does not allow review gigs.

Suggest you read the link I gave you as there are many things wrong with your gig.

Don’t ask what they are, but come back after you have made the necessary changes.

Start with this: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/creating-a-gig and then read the link I gave you above.

5 Likes

Ok thanks. I have removed that and gone through the link you said to start with

2 Likes

Did you want me to watch the video in the first link or just the instructions?

2 Likes

Watch the video and read the instructions. There are no shortcuts if you want to be successful.

4 Likes

I understand. Its just still buffering and has been for ages

1 Like

Will leave it with you. That’s all from me.

3 Likes

It is live now. I have followed the other guys advice but I have done all it says, all is left s to watch a video, I have been watching it buffer for 4 minutes after the third attempt. I am not trying to get a secret formula
All help appreciated

1 Like

Maybe adjust the revisions in the packages. Currently someone can get 5 free revisions on the basic ($10) package, but if they pay $100 they only get 1 revision. Normally the premium package has at least the number of revisions as the basic package I think.

edit: Also the tag “copying” - maybe change that. eg. to copywriting .

4 Likes

Thank you. I am really frustrated trying to watch this video the other guy sent me. Just buffering non stop
Are there any other sites better suited to someone at entry level like me you think?

1 Like

It works for me in Chrome. Maybe try another browser if it still doesn’t work. You could also try refreshing the page (Ctrl F5) if it doesn’t work. I assume you’ve pressed the “play” button on the bottom left of the video frame after pressing the play button in the middle of the video frame. If there’s still a problem eg. buffering you could try lowering the resolution of the video by clicking on the icon in the bottom right of the video frame. You could run a speed test on your connection - if there’s an issue (if very slow connection which it isn’t normally) maybe resetting your router might help.

You could also try the free “learn from Fiverr” course about freelancing for tips.

I don’t think we’re allowed to suggest other freelancing sites, though I’m not sure.

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds great. Really thanks for the tips
Yes the video is still being a biscuit
I am just changing my gig. Thing is I do not know standard rates for this stuff. I am totally new and this is where I was advised to go. I could be pricing myself out or setting myself up for slavery!
I will look for that course
Thank you again

2 Likes

We aren’t allowed. The OP can do an internet search if he wants.

3 Likes

Here you go: https://learn.fiverr.com/courses/online-freelancing-essentials-be-a-successful-fiverr-seller

3 Likes

You could look at the prices on some of the other gigs in your subcategory for an idea of the market prices. Though yours does say “cheaper than the rest” in the title. I don’t think there are others who do 3000 words for $10.

3 Likes