I am new to Fiverr: Any tips?

audieanderson

This forum has tons of tips and tricks to help me out! However, I was wondering if by asking I could get some information to help me out that I didn’t already have.

This is my first time on Fiverr. I only have one gig up. I am not exactly a “professional,” but I want to be. My first gig is something silly. I wish to work my way up to more wanted services. However, due to my lack of experience on Fiverr plus not necessarily having the best camera for videos for my Gigs and such, it is a long path ahead.

Also, a bit of background on me: I am an 18 year old student at High School just looking for some extra cash.

With this in mind, I would like to ask the experienced sellers on Fiverr. Do you have any advice for me?

P.S. I will be looking thoroughly in the “Tips for Sellers” category. Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong category. I considered putting it in the “Tips for Sellers” category but I was worried that was only for people giving advice, not asking for it.

Welcome to Fiverr! You seem to be going for the fun/quirky side of things with your gigs and that’s fine, a lot of people do really well in this area. My personal tip? If something doesn’t work (i.e. a gig doesn’t sell) don’t get disheartened, just diversify a bit. For example, I originally posted a gig offering to convert ebooks and I if I may say so, I’m really really good at this.

However, in a year I’ve only made 3 or 4 sales. After a month I therefore started offering writing services. Then, kaboom! After a while I have too many orders to deal with. (Some days.)

Of course, how you diversify is entirely up to you. For me, if things don’t work out with your fortune cookie gig, maybe spice it up a bit by making a gig where you offer to send people a fortune cookie in the post for a bit of fun. Alternatively, you might start offering a completely non-fortune cookie related service.

Either way, simply react to the market proactively, thats mt tip. Good luck!

Archived