I am new to Fiverr with a good experience in Computer Science

raza_benign

Hi Everyone,
I have been studying and working in the field of Computer Science and have a good command over Data Scraping and have scraped data from various websites like Google and Behance and various other forums for the clients. Moreover, I have an excellent command of Python can also work on various domains like Data Visualization, Data Wrangling using Python to Analyze Data if needed.
I would be really happy that if someone can give tips on how I can get my first order as if I search I am at the end of the last pages, so I don’t think this way someone would hire me.
My Gig Link: https://www.fiverr.com/share/dNjB5a.
Please let me know what more can be added and improved.
Thanks

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 11 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 11 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

Maybe change the title. It says “I will scrap and analyze data with reusable code”. Most people probably wouldn’t want data scrapped. Similar thing in the description.

Also the description has a URL that isn’t in Fiverr’s list of approved URLs.

Thanks a lot for this info. Okay, so the GitHub link isn’t allowed? And any recommendation for the title as I am looking for Data/Web Scraping Tasks, so what shall be it then?

Thanks a lot for this info. Okay, so the GitHub link isn’t allowed? And any recommendation for the title as I am looking for Data/Web Scraping Tasks, so what shall be it then?

And any recommendation for the title as I am looking for Data/Web Scraping Tasks, so what shall be it then?

You could just change a word in it (scrap=throw away).

The bottom of this link has the list of allowed URLs:

favicon-32x32.png.8b31ffdedac8204ed8a777fe00dd60ab.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.1ad83f81fd1f03f10334373510ceb9a7.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Hi Raza,

I would start by looking at your competition and see what services they are offering, how they structure their offer, etc. You’ll get a better understanding of what your capabilities are, how you stack up against the competition and this may help you with ideas on how to structure your gig, price point, etc.

Remember, that your clients will have various knowledge about what you do. Most probably aren’t familiar with the strings of code, the jargon nor fluent in the language of programming.

With that being said… consider structuring your gig around that premise. Keep an eye on your stats and then readjust. Sometimes it’s about split testing your description, photos, etc.

Also, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to download the fiverr app (if available) and have it set to online. Some buyers prefer to inbox those that are readily, OR appear to be, readily available.

Good luck!

Hi Raza,

I would start by looking at your competition and see what services they are offering, how they structure their offer, etc. You’ll get a better understanding of what your capabilities are, how you stack up against the competition and this may help you with ideas on how to structure your gig, price point, etc.

Remember, that your clients will have various knowledge about what you do. Most probably aren’t familiar with the strings of code, the jargon nor fluent in the language of programming.

With that being said… consider structuring your gig around that premise. Keep an eye on your stats and then readjust. Sometimes it’s about split testing your description, photos, etc.

Also, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to download the fiverr app (if available) and have it set to online. Some buyers prefer to inbox those that are readily, OR appear to be, readily available.

Good luck!

Okay, thanks a lot for this info. This would surely help.

By not using packages you may be limiting the orders you’ll get. eg. other users have different packages for different numbers of pages scraped. For yours, you don’t say whether all the pages need to be in the same format. Others give a limit of the number of records from a page but you don’t mention that. Maybe give examples (eg. images/video) of some of the services you provide in the gig (such as data visualization). It might be better to say you’ll scrape data rather than you’ll scrap data.

By not using packages you may be limiting the orders you’ll get. eg. other users have different packages for different numbers of pages scraped. For yours, you don’t say whether all the pages need to be in the same format. Others give a limit of the number of records from a page but you don’t mention that. Maybe give examples (eg. images/video) of some of the services you provide in the gig (such as data visualization). It might be better to say you’ll scrape data rather than you’ll scrap data.

Thanks a lot for this info. That really helped me to improve my Gig. I would be really thankful if you can have a look again.

Link: https://www.fiverr.com/share/azgwRN

Thanks a lot for this info. That really helped me to improve my Gig. I would be really thankful if you can have a look again.

Link: https://www.fiverr.com/share/azgwRN

It looks better now.

The images/data visualizations in the gallery help (I’m not sure shootings & fatalities is the best subject for it though). I assume it’s all your own work, including the tutorial one. If that’s the sort of thing you’ll be delivering if asked for that will help.

The description still says “and Selenium to scrap the data”. Scrap means throw away.

In the packages you still don’t list any limitations on the number of fields so I assume it’s any number of fields that are on the page. You could add an FAQ section if you wanted to make things clearer to the buyer about anything.

It looks better now.

The images/data visualizations in the gallery help (I’m not sure shootings & fatalities is the best subject for it though). I assume it’s all your own work, including the tutorial one. If that’s the sort of thing you’ll be delivering if asked for that will help.

The description still says “and Selenium to scrap the data”. Scrap means throw away.

In the packages you still don’t list any limitations on the number of fields so I assume it’s any number of fields that are on the page. You could add an FAQ section if you wanted to make things clearer to the buyer about anything.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I will correct some more smaller things as you told.

Archived