Fiverr Community Forum

I am not sure....But I think they have got the algorithm right

My impressions are up, getting a decent number of orders, most of them from new clients, so at least for the writing category, I just feel they have got the algorithm right. Can’t comment on other categories.

1 Like

Good work and keep it up.

Well, I also had a surge of orders the last 2 weeks, and as of yesterday everything went significantly down. I think what I or some of us are experiencing is the “rotation” part of the search results algorithm :thinking:

Like, “here you go, here’s a batch for you, do a good job and then wait for another batch when time is right, others are in line, too, waiting for their batches; do a bad job and cancel a lot, and you may see another batch some time this winter” :smiley:

4 Likes

My impressions and sales are still down over 50%, but better than they were for a while. I’ve been seeing a weird pattern over the last 2 weeks, I’m only getting messages and orders from new clients between 3pm and 6pm GMT… has anyone else noticed any odd popular times that didn’t previously exist?

1 Like

I don’t know man, keep doing a good job and Uncle Fiverr takes care of you. You will be surprised at how consistent my income has been for the 3+ years I’ve been here - except for Decembers. Decembers are always slow.

1 Like

You sound just like the old me back in 2010-2014 :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought that all good things come to an end eventually… maybe that’s where my problem is.

1 Like

Don’t understand brother…you have to explain that in detail. [Huh, okay.]

Well, back in 2010-2014 I was surprised at how consistent my income had been all those years (not the case anymore, though). Hearing you say that was like hearing myself back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should read the book “Stop Worrying, Start Living” by Dale Carnegie.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve been born a worrier :smiley: Never knew otherwise…

…and I feel we’re O/T-ing…

1 Like

You must change, otherwise it will eat you up from inside. [I am the King of OTing]

2 Likes

So, does “they got the algorithm right” mean that it is right for you or right for everybody?
PS. A couple of days ago, you were showing on page 1, row 1 for article writing when no filters were applied.

1 Like

Tread carefully, people might start inboxing Writer about the algorithm not working for them :smiley:

1 Like

Oh no, how awful! I would hate for something I did to cause @writer99025 to get lots and lots (and lots) of spam :wink:

1 Like

LIES! LIES LIES! People he is lying, okay…

2 Likes

Algorithm schmalgorithm.

As long as I can deactivate Vacation Mode and get an order within minutes later (2 more since then + 2 more requests) I’m not going to look how my gigs rank (badly)

1 Like

Today I did a search and saw 2 of your article gigs on the same first page.
You must be doing something right, please share your secrets!

3 Likes

it may be for you; actually but not for the rest, you should have just spoken for yourself alone and not for the entire Sellers…:slight_smile:

Congrats! If I had a say, I’d take consistency over a batch here and there. I’d be happy with getting 1 order a day consistently for months then to have a batch here and there. But I guess one can only wish.