Fiverr Community Forum

I Am So Frustrated Right Now

A buyer made 2 orders with me, each for the basic package. BUT as always, the guy didn’t even bother reading what he was ordering and orders the service twice.

Not only did this genius make one order by mistake BUT he also wanted the standard package rather than the basic package. Naturally, as soon as I told him that the word count he needs will cost more I got the generic “cancel to order” message.

So essentially, I ended up canceling two orders, both basic packages and my gig is probably in a world of hurt right now. For the first time, my cancellation rate is at 96% and this annoys me to no end.

Is anyone ever going to fix this mess? Honestly, at this point, it’s getting ridiculous just plain ridiculous.

15 Likes

I just checked the weather. There’s no cold day in hell forecast so I’m guessing, no. Sorry. :frowning:

10 Likes

At this point, even if hell froze over I doubt someone at Fiverr would even care about fixing this ridiculous, unprofessional and downright awful system.

7 Likes

I’ve had a couple as well over the past two days. 100% NOT reading the gig instructions/requirements - order something I don’t provide, then disappearing – not even logging back in for over 24 hrs.

I had to ask CS to cancel the orders, as they have become late as well.

Super annoying.

6 Likes

You’ve got it easy boyo. 96% order completion? That’s rating cocaine compared to my meager 93%. - And I have willingly cancelled only 1 order this year. Everything else has been miss-orders and post purchase scammery.

Then there is this gem that I could have done without today:

In fairness, this order was delivered just a few minutes past the deadline. However, I’ve never got a late delivery notice on an order after delivering before.

Anyway, the stock market is crashing right on schedule. In this case, we may yet see a nice new Bitcoin boom in time for Christmas. When that happens, I’m buying a duck, a goat, a queen bee, and moving into the mountains far away from freelancing.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there something about the bitcoin site getting hacked?

2 Likes

Let me know if you’d be willing to spare a bed cause I might need one soon at this rate.

That happens all the time nowadays.

2 Likes

There isn’t a Bitcoin site and Bitcoin is impossible to hack unless at least 51% of all miners start willingly submitting false information to the blockchain. Those miners spend $10K+ per rig just to operate. Any hack would wipe the value of Bitcoin and leave them all bankrupt and out of work. In this case, even a theoretical hack wouldn’t be in anybody’s interest.

1 Like

You can sleep on top of the goat and use the duck as an eiderdown pillow.

2 Likes

I need to read about bitcoin. I know zero about it. Even Paypal is scary since it’s unregulated and has access to withdraw at will from any bank account it’s connected to.

3 Likes

Just like the good ol’ days.

2 Likes

All you need to know is to buy now and sell at $100K in 2 or 3 years time.

Paypal is driving me up the wall at the moment. They have told me that I need to close my account and reopen a new one to connect it to my local bank. However, they won’t let me set up a new account to transfer my balance to prior to closing the old one. It’s kind of Catch 22.

Apparently a lot of people do set up new accounts first. However, I don’t want to risk breaching their TOS.

1 Like

I have more than one account. One might be a business account, I’m not sure. They tell you that you can have more than one account, and it sounds like you can have several.

1 Like

There’s something you can do but it involves
balaclava’s …but I’m not going to suggest it here . I wonder why nobody cares or listens to sellers repeated same issues

3 Likes

It’s smart to withdraw it all before you set up a new one. They mess things up not infrequently. Actually I set up a new account without closing my old one but things might be different where you are. Come to think of it they are funny about transferring funds from one account to another that’s related.

3 Likes

I think it depends on where you are. My original PayPal account was opened in New Zealand. Accounts I’ve had since have been in the UK and Hungary. Each time, I’ve had to close the old account before setting up a new one. However, on both occasions, I didn’t have any balance to speak of so it was easy.

2 Likes

My personal belief is that Fiverr is a massive psychological experiment. One day, we’ll all get an email informing us that it is over, before thanking us for our participation.

6 Likes

It happens in batches.

1 Like

Timely delivery can result in returning buyers.

How do they do it that even good things somehow sound like a threat?

They really really really need to fix the blot on the green Fiverr landscape that is the unhinged cancellation system.
As if it wasn’t enough that sellers lose time never to be regained because of some people’s indecent behaviour, it makes no sense to punish the victim instead of the perpetrator, as little as to punish the whole class with the one ill-intended pupil.

Paypal allows 2 accounts, 1 personal, 1 business.

2 Likes

They definitely need to loosen up the number of cancellations we can have, or at least give us a couple of free ones a month.

3 Likes