I Am Very Happy With Fiverr... My Ups And Downs... 100% Rating With 1500+ Orders Completed

s_sayan

Hello guys. This is the first time I start a thread here in this forum. In fact, it’s only the second time I post anything here in the forum.

I am Ray, also known as ‘‘s_sayan’’ here on Fiverr. I am a level 2 seller. I joined the site 10 months ago and I believe I have a lot of experience dealing with buyers and other things here in this site.

I started my journey 10 months ago. At first I was just a buyer. I bought a couple of gigs to get familiar with the site. After 15 days learning exactly how the site worked, I decided to create my first gig.

To all new sellers all I can say is that don’t get desperate. I created my gig and I even forgot about it. The first 3 weeks I got nothing. After one month I started to get a couple of sales per week. That was great for me at the time. I started to get positive feedbacks, got level 1and everything was going great.

After 2 months or something like that, I got level 2. Things started to get better. I was averaging 2-3 sales a day. That is great considering I didn’t have a lot of positive reviews.

After 4 months I decided to create a new gig. I thought that one gig wasn’t enough to reach my goals. So I created a new one but the results weren’t as good as I expected.

After 5 months I decided to create another one. The results were great. People seem to love that gig. Immediately I noticed sales from the first day.

Note that I always choose my keywords carefully. Since I provide SEO services I know how search engines work and Fiverr search engine is no exception. I implemented my knowledge and it worked well with my first and my third gig. However, with my second gig things didn’t work that well. That tells me that a little bit of luck is involved to get visibility through Fiverr’s search engine. Even when you use the best keywords for your gig, and optimize the title and the description, but if you are not lucky you will get no visibility. That’s what I noticed.

By the beginning of December I was averaging 8 to 10 orders a day with all three gigs. The first and third gig were getting most of the orders though.

By December 15 orders dropped a lot. That’s when I found this forum. I noticed a lot of people were having that issue and I figured it was because of the festivities. Even though I never went through a day without sales. In fact many months have passed since the last day I got no orders. Maybe 5 or 6 months.

The first week of January was glorious. Orders went back to normal and by the second week of January I was averaging 15 to 20 orders a day. By the end of January I was averaging 30 orders a day (somedays up to 40!).

Finally all the hard work during the past 10 months was paying off. Seems like I was placing high in the search engine. Both, in ‘‘Auto’’ mode and in ‘‘Rating’’ mode. That is because I have a lot of positive reviews and 0 negative. Yes, that’s right, I am proud to say I have completed around 1500+ orders and I don’t have a single negative feedback.

Yes, I had a couple of difficult buyers, but I always managed to keep calmed, politely talk to them, even refund them if I had to. Trust me, 90% of the problems with buyers can be resolved talking to them.

I have roughly 50 orders canceled. Many of them were by people who ordered by mistake. Some of them were refunded by me or either customer support. I think that is a pretty low cancellation rate if you ask me.

If you have any doubt don’t hesitate to reach customer support. Seems like they are busy these days, because in the past the used to reply within one hour. Right now they reply within 5 hours. But that’s still great, and the best part is that they are very friendly and 100% human responses.

By February 10 my orders suddenly started to drop. I went from average 30 orders a day to average 6 orders a day. Week after week orders continued to drop. Right now I am averaging 3 orders a day. Some lucky days I get 6 to 8. I think is because some sort of bug with the search engine. I’ve seen many people talking about that in the forum lately.

Right now some sellers are having extremely high amount of orders while others like me only a few orders. In the past, the search engine used to be a little bit more fair in my opinion.

Even when searching my gigs sorted by ‘‘Rating’’, they are not in a decent place. Instead I find many gigs with less positive reviews, sellers with no level and new gigs taking my spot. And I am talking about when I search by ‘‘Rating’’, not ‘‘Auto’’.

I can understand that new sellers deserve a chance just like I did in the past, but I believe the by ‘‘Rating’’ in the search engine should be for the highest rated sellers. Also the search engine in the ‘‘BOOKMARKING & LINKS’’ is not working properly these days. The gigs are not rotating in the ‘‘Auto’’ mode. That is hurting highly rated sellers and new sellers as well.

By the way, yes I promote my gigs. In fact, these days most of the orders I’m getting is because of that. But let’s face it guys, promote is great but most of the orders we get are from Fiverr users.

By the way, I invest a lot in my services. I have bought 2 computers, one laptop and one desktop for the sake of my gigs. I even have 2 Internet connections. I pay for a couple of monthly services to ensure the quality of my work, etc.

All in all, I am very happy with Fiverr. Thanks to Fiverr I have been able to generate a nice income from home. This is my full time job and I am glad I found this site. People seem to like my services and that’s great.

I hope Fiverr gets back to normal soon and I start to get my normal flow of orders. Also I know is hard for SEO sellers to become Top Rated, but after 1500 sales completed I still have hope I will get there. 🙂

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading. See you guys. 🙂

Thanks for sharing s_sayan! There are a lot of posts for people asking the who, what, where and how’s of sellers on fiverr. You’re experience says a lot about the ups and downs and potential of being a seller on this site.

Just by sharing your experience, you have answered alot of questions for us beginners!

Thanks again!

You are both welcome @jive_a_five and @arnevb . My idea was to share as much honest information as I could. So new sellers carn learn from what I’ve learnt. 🙂

@design4you1, I think I am going to hire you for the image of my new upcoming gig. Sounds like a good offer because the PSD file is included for free. 🙂 I will order from you within the next couple of days. 🙂

Best of luck.

@psychicrainbow That’s right, a real journey dealing with all kind of buyers. It is rare for a SEO seller to have an impecable rating with so many orders completed.

Right now I am working in my new upcoming gig. I always try to create my gigs in a very professional way. In my last gig I spent around $150 dollars just to create it. Video (explainer video worth $100) + graphics for the gig, etc.

That gig has around one month and right now is starting to get sales from new buyers after a long time with no new buyers. Yesterday I got one order and today another one in that gig alone. Seems like finally that gig is getting some visibility.

Let’s see how my new upcoming gig goes. I have my fingers crossed, since there’s a lot of competition in the SEO side of Fiverr. 😉

I hope you reach sucess here in Fiverr too. 🙂

Best Of Luck.

Hi guys. Just a little update.

Things have improved a lot for me this week. I don’t know if it is a lucky week or perhaps the flow of orders is back to normal. I am now averaging 10 orders a day. Last few weeks I was averaging only 5 orders a day, so I am very happy. My newest gig is doing great too.

Best Of Luck To all Of You. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

A little update guys. 🙂

I Just reached 1400 orders completed (1404). In addition, my cancellation rate also dropped from 3.8% to 3.7% while maintaining 100% rating with no negative reviews.

I am very happy. 🙂

Best Of Luck.

A little update guys. 🙂

I Just reached 1400 orders completed (1404). In addition, my cancellation rate also dropped from 3.8% to 3.7% while maintaining 100% rating with no negative reviews.

I am very happy. 🙂

Best Of Luck.

I feel you completely! On all of it! I am at 1700 completed and all the same concerns you have I do as well. It’s part of the ups and downs, and it seems when one month orders are down, the next month it creeps back up. I also don’t understand how new fiverr sellers get more frontpage and top of page love and I never see my gig there anymore, and I was with Fiverr since the beta stage! Keep pressing, I think it will explode in April/May.

DTong

Fiverr.com/DTongSports

I feel you completely! On all of it! I am at 1700 completed and all the same concerns you have I do as well. It’s part of the ups and downs, and it seems when one month orders are down, the next month it creeps back up. I also don’t understand how new fiverr sellers get more frontpage and top of page love and I never see my gig there anymore, and I was with Fiverr since the beta stage! Keep pressing, I think it will explode in April/May.

DTong

Fiverr.com/DTongSports

Thanks guys. 🙂

@dtongsports You are right. I think new sellers should have exposure too, but Fiverr should never forget us good old sellers. I mean, I can see literally new sellers, sometimes with not flawless rating and with a lot less positive reviews than my gigs, and they still rank higher than me when searching ‘‘by rating’’. I can understand in ‘‘auto’’, but not in ‘‘by rating’’ (that doesn’t make sense at all).

@fiv808 That is true. There are so many SEO gigs on Fiverr. I have many returning customers (that keeps me alive in dry seasons). When a good season arrives, I usually get new returning customers. That is great because in dry seasons I get orders and positive reviews as well, that will eventually give my gigs more exposure.

A weird thing is happening with my oldest gig though. It has most of my positive reviews but the orders have dropped a lot for that gig only. I don’t understand why. I tried optimizing description, tags, title. Nothing works. It used to be my most demanded gig. Now it only gets a few sales a week.

So, in my experience, I think we sellers should never rely in only one gig. We should always evolve and create new gigs according to what people is demanding these days. That is why I am working in my new upcoming gig, and I have others in mind. 😉

Best Of Luck.

Thanks guys. 🙂

@dtongsports You are right. I think new sellers should have exposure too, but Fiverr should never forget us good old sellers. I mean, I can see literally new sellers, sometimes with not flawless rating and with a lot less positive reviews than my gigs, and they still rank higher than me when searching ‘‘by rating’’. I can understand in ‘‘auto’’, but not in ‘‘by rating’’ (that doesn’t make sense at all).

@fiv808 That is true. There are so many SEO gigs on Fiverr. I have many returning customers (that keeps me alive in dry seasons). When a good season arrives, I usually get new returning customers. That is great because in dry seasons I get orders and positive reviews as well, that will eventually give my gigs more exposure.

A weird thing is happening with my oldest gig though. It has most of my positive reviews but the orders have dropped a lot for that gig only. I don’t understand why. I tried optimizing description, tags, title. Nothing works. It used to be my most demanded gig. Now it only gets a few sales a week.

So, in my experience, I think we sellers should never rely in only one gig. We should always evolve and create new gigs according to what people is demanding these days. That is why I am working in my new upcoming gig, and I have others in mind. 😉

Best Of Luck.

I like your story, thanks for share it with us. 🙂

I’m working full time on fiverr too.

Also experiencing a little bit drop, but I’m working on how to improve it.

For example:Talk to the users who ask commission that I can do on the homepage

Sharpen my skill, create new gigs with some nice and special stuff to offer.

I like your story, thanks for share it with us. 🙂

I’m working full time on fiverr too.

Also experiencing a little bit drop, but I’m working on how to improve it.

For example:Talk to the users who ask commission that I can do on the homepage

Sharpen my skill, create new gigs with some nice and special stuff to offer.

Another update guys.

This week has been really slow for me. I noticed that’s only for me though. Other SEO sellers are doing great these days.

I noticed my 2 popular gigs are decreasing when looking for them ‘‘by rating’’. I still maintain 100% rating with 0 negative reviews though. So, I don’t really know why is that.

I am averaging 5 orders a day again. Again a drop in orders for me. Last week I was averaging 10 orders a day.

At least my cancellation rate dropped, from 3.7% to 3.6%. That’s good. 🙂

I don’t know, but seems like new gigs are taking my place in the search when looking ‘‘by rating’’. Again, what kills me is that those gigs have several hundred less positive reviews than my gigs, so that’s weird.

Anyway, I am happy with Fiverr because I still get orders on a daily basis. 🙂

Best Of Luck.

Another update guys.

This week has been really slow for me. I noticed that’s only for me though. Other SEO sellers are doing great these days.

I noticed my 2 popular gigs are decreasing when looking for them ‘‘by rating’’. I still maintain 100% rating with 0 negative reviews though. So, I don’t really know why is that.

I am averaging 5 orders a day again. Again a drop in orders for me. Last week I was averaging 10 orders a day.

At least my cancellation rate dropped, from 3.7% to 3.6%. That’s good. 🙂

I don’t know, but seems like new gigs are taking my place in the search when looking ‘‘by rating’’. Again, what kills me is that those gigs have several hundred less positive reviews than my gigs, so that’s weird.

Anyway, I am happy with Fiverr because I still get orders on a daily basis. 🙂

Best Of Luck.

Archived