I am very likely to sue Fiverr!

I have lost my trust in Fiverr from this day I have worked on an order FO3C5F52A356 for this customer who was happy with the service only to see weeks late near a monthly Fiverr without notice took back my money that I work hard for all cause this guy made a report to Paypal so where is the law for persons like me who have issues like these?? Is that the way now we can buy and get the service then file a claim to get back out money if that is the case many persons on here will soon be losing money and this site will crash I personally gonna file a lawsuit against Fiverr for the disrespect of my time and energy and I promise you I will WIN!!!

Sorry to hear you’ve had a PayPal chargeback.

You might find this post helpful - it also tells you what to say to get Fiverr CS to help you - hint - threatening legal action won’t help your case, but being nice to them might! 🙂
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Potentially Major Development Regarding Chargebacks/Paypal & Fiverr

I received an email from Paypal today explaining that they have upgraded our Seller Protection to now include tickets, travel and services. Why is this significant? Well, nobody really sells tickets or travel on Fiverr, however services are what...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 37 ❤

Good luck! 🙂

Edited to add - Fiverr didn’t take your money back, PayPal did.

I have lost my trust in Fiverr from this day I have worked on an order FO3C5F52A356 for this customer who was happy with the service only to see weeks late near a monthly Fiverr without notice took back my money that I work hard for all cause this guy made a report to Paypal so where is the law for persons like me who have issues like these?? Is that the way now we can buy and get the service then file a claim to get back out money if that is the case many persons on here will soon be losing money and this site will crash I personally gonna file a lawsuit against Fiverr for the disrespect of my time and energy and I promise you I will WIN!!!

Further to what @offlinehelpers said above, I suggest you take a moment to steady yourself before contacting them.

I have been in your position too, as have many others, and it is important to handle the situation calmly. There is a process for dealing with this and there is a chance you could get your money back.

I personally gonna file a lawsuit against Fiverr for the disrespect of my time and energy

Remember, it is not Fiverr who did this, it is the buyer. It is Paypal who enable this, not Fiverr. No other Freelance platform has a perfect solution for this either so it is worth considering that too. Take a look at my guide for dealing with these Some Info and Opinion on Chargebacks and skip to the last paragraph to get my advice on how to handle it.

There have been a good number of people who have managed to get the money back so keep calm and follow the process.

• 7 months later...

Yup ignorant. Don’t want to deal with site or forums. Regret posting.

Just because you have not figured out how it works yet, it does not mean that you need to jump to conclusions.

Is the direct deposit site one that can be used with Fiverr? Currently Payoneer and Paypal are the two payment methods and Payoneer offers direct deposit.

The site has been around since 2010 and people have been getting paid on demand ever since. Perhaps have a look around to see if there is a solution to your issue as there are hundreds of thousands of sellers who do not have a problem.

Chargebacks and refunds are a drag.

They suck, and they take up your time and money.

But, unfortunately they are a part of this business like it or not.

Obviously you cannot sue fiverr for a paypal chargeback, nor should you talk about it.

This is just a normal part of any business.

Don’t sweat the small stuff.

You need to accept it and move on. Once you get some serious volume going, you’ll get this on a weekly/monthly basis.

Just a normal part of doing business. There are always going to be dishonest people out there and they are NOT just on Fiverr 😉

Keep your head up, and keep working hard!

Cheers,
Justin

• 10 months later...

So according to the post about chargebacks not applying to services, which is what most sellers offer, it seems to say we will be refunded by customer support for a chargeback.

Paypal then says the process for chargebacks is as follows:

1. If a buyer files a claim or in case of a chargeback or a payment reversal, we may place a temporary hold on the funds. ( Then Fiverr takes this from your account)
  2. We’ll ask you to provide information including proof of shipping or delivery within the time frame communicated (usually 7- 10 days). (You need to submit this info to Fiverr Customer Support)
    3. You’ll be able to access your money as soon as we’ve determined that your transaction is eligible. (If successful, you get the money back to your account).

The list of product types that are and are not covered:

What can be covered by Seller Protection?
Physical goods (clothes, toys, electronics, car parts, etc.)
NEW . Services (yoga classes, website design , etc.)
NEW . Tickets (concerts, shows, sport events, etc.)
NEW . Travel (trip, flight or hotel bookings, etc.)
What isn’t covered by Seller Protection?
Items that are delivered or picked up in person
Digital goods (music, computer game downloads and licenses for digital content)
Claims or chargebacks arising from items being significantly different to how you described them
Payments not made through PayPal.strong text

This clearly says services are eligible for seller protection from Paypal and as long as you delivered the service on time you can get your money back.

So according to the post about chargebacks not applying to services, which is what most sellers offer, it seems to say we will be refunded by customer support for a chargeback.

1. If a buyer files a claim or in case of a chargeback or a payment reversal, we may place a temporary hold on the funds. ( Then Fiverr takes this from your account)
  2. We’ll ask you to provide information including proof of shipping or delivery within the time frame communicated (usually 7- 10 days). (You need to submit this info to Fiverr Customer Support)

3. You’ll be able to access your money as soon as we’ve determined that your transaction is eligible. (If successful, you get the money back to your account).

Claims or chargebacks arising from items being significantly different to how you described them

This clearly says services are eligible for seller protection from Paypal and as long as you delivered the service on time you can get your money back.

Yes. That’s how it works in other companies and that’s the experience I’ve had outside of Fiverr.

That’s why I don’t get why people accept negative balance here on Fiverr whenever there’s a chargeback

Yes. That’s how it works in other companies and that’s the experience I’ve had outside of Fiverr.

That’s why I don’t get why people accept negative balance here on Fiverr whenever there’s a chargeback

Any seller who delivered a service on time exactly as described and gets a chargeback should get a refund from fiverr. It’s in black and white.

That was posted back in May 2017. I will find out more about this if possible.

Also from the same post:

I received an email from Paypal today explaining that they have upgraded our Seller Protection to now include tickets, travel and services. Why is this significant? Well, nobody really sells tickets or travel on Fiverr, however services are what most of us offer. Below are quotes of some of the most significant parts of this link which explains things in full along with my own comments and explanations. Paypal says they can “Protect Your Transactions” in the following 2 situations (The you…

The info and opinions in this topic are my own and do not necessarily represent Fiverr, Paypal or any other third party. Always check with CS regarding procedures.

This must be why my chargebacks all claim it was due to being “late” when they were not late.

If there’s a chargeback then PayPal gives both sides 20 days to sort it out.

Seller has to provide proof that service was provided and buyer can prove that it wasn’t.

The tricky part is that since PayPal contacts Fiverr, seller’s faith is in Fiverr’s hands. The seller has no say in it and to my knowledge there’s no process in place where Fiverr contacts the seller and openly asks to prove that service was delivered.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fiverr doesn’t do anything and simply agrees to the chargeback.

That’s why sellers have to push CS to get this sorted.

Seller has to provide proof that service was provided and buyer can prove that it wasn’t.

The tricky part is that since PayPal contacts Fiverr, seller’s faith is in Fiverr’s hands. The seller has no say in it and to my knowledge there’s no process in place where Fiverr contacts the seller and openly asks to prove that service was delivered.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fiverr doesn’t do anything and simply agrees to the chargeback.

@uxreview Do other people with chargebacks get a message saying the reason was it was delivered late?

I doubt if any chargeback would be accepted by Paypal for a service unless the buyer lies and says it was late.

Customer support told me ALL notices of chargebacks now say they were late! ???

@uxreview Do other people with chargebacks get a message saying the reason was it was delivered late?

I doubt if any chargeback would be accepted by Paypal for a service unless the buyer lies and says it was late.

Customer support told me ALL notices of chargebacks now say they were late! ???

Customer support told me ALL notices of chargebacks now say they were late! ?

Buyer says that order was late?

That should be easy enough to prove that it was delivered on time.

Customer support told me ALL notices of chargebacks now say they were late! ?

Buyer says that order was late?

That should be easy enough to prove that it was delivered on time.

Yes I have gotten refunds from fiverr when I tell them this.

This leads to the next question: why is this counted against me in my stats? it was a non valid chargeback.

But do other sellers also have notices of late deliveries when they were not in the chargeback notice?

I would think that at least 50% of all chargeback notices would make this false claim since it’s the only way Paypal will accept a chargeback for a service.

Yes I have gotten refunds from fiverr when I tell them this.

This leads to the next question: why is this counted against me in my stats? it was a non valid chargeback.

But do other sellers also have notices of late deliveries when they were not in the chargeback notice?

I would think that at least 50% of all chargeback notices would make this false claim since it’s the only way Paypal will accept a chargeback for a service.

PayPal reaches out to Fiverr so that they can prove it wasn’t late.

If there’s no response or Fiverr agrees then they will give the money back to the buyer.

PayPal reaches out to Fiverr so that they can prove it wasn’t late.

If there’s no response or Fiverr agrees then they will give the money back to the buyer.

So it’s up to us to tell customer support it was not late then I suppose. This is amazing. What it means for me is that no chargebacks are valid and I can get refunded for them.

When I wrote that post about a Major Development from Paypal, I was quite excited to be honest. It seemed like it was the answer to every seller’s demand/wish. It also seemed completely logical that services shouldn’t be included as an option for chargebacks.

However, I was extremely disappointed that since that development there has been nothing about it from Fiverr or any of the other freelance sites to suggest that they have adopted a policy to protect sellers from chargebacks of this nature despite the fact that they are now against both Fiverr AND Paypal’s rules. It seems absurd to me that both companies are against them yet still there is confusion and seemingly no actual plan in place to deal with them. As mentioned, the majority of things offered on Fiverr are services and should be excluded from having a Chargeback option, yet what has been done to make this happen?

I don’t see anything.

When I wrote that post about a Major Development from Paypal, I was quite excited to be honest. It seemed like it was the answer to every seller’s demand/wish. It also seemed completely logical that services shouldn’t be included as an option for chargebacks.

However, I was extremely disappointed that since that development there has been nothing about it from Fiverr or any of the other freelance sites to suggest that they have adopted a policy to protect sellers from chargebacks of this nature despite the fact that they are now against both Fiverr AND Paypal’s rules. It seems absurd to me that both companies are against them yet still there is confusion and seemingly no actual plan in place to deal with them. As mentioned, the majority of things offered on Fiverr are services and should be excluded from having a Chargeback option, yet what has been done to make this happen?

I don’t see anything.

What puzzles me is that every one of the chargebacks I’ve gotten has the Late message when it was not late. And I was told that all chargebacks now come with the standard message that it happened because it was late.

In other words the only way chargebacks are happening is because the person getting them, the buyer getting them, has lied to Paypal in my case and said they were delivered late. And yet I still am penalized on my stats by them. And fiverr has paid me back for some of them.

I’m sure if I were selling a service on some platform like eBay that no chargebacks would be happening, or if so I could simply send proof of on time delivery to Paypal and have them reversed.

Apparently the only reason chargebacks happen now is if the buyer claims it was delivered late. I never deliver late.

That would mean fiverr is losing a huge amount of money when it does not have to.

That’s hard to believe they would just let that go.

Archived