Fiverr Community Forum

I became a Level 2 Seller in 6 months, here is what you REALLY need to know

Yeah, I enjoy them as well. I tend to put on a different face when communicating, because I normally appeal to young adults. Heck, they did a study that young adults find periods in text messages to be hostile. Odd people, huh?

7 Likes

Not to mention my ironic use of a semicolon there lmao

3 Likes

I think there is a segment of “young people” who can find something “hostile” in anything. They live to be offended and whine.

Obviously, not ALL young people are this way - but, there are enough of them.

OK, now you all can scream at me, “BOOMER!” That seems to be the insult I see often on social media when some older person gives their opinion. All I can say to that is, one day, kiddo, you too will be old and younger people will think you are “out of touch”. :laughing:

GG

10 Likes

I’m 16 and already out of touch. I agree with you; the world is way too sensitive and if we took the time to stop complaining and “canceling” everyone maybe we wouldn’t have the issues we have today.

10 Likes

Well, first off, my hat is off to you being 16 and getting Level 2 here! Keep up the entrepreneurial spirit! Your parents must be proud of you! I know I would be!

GG

6 Likes
Sources to make your tips more legit!

1: AKA, ‘Share on social media’ IS NOT the same as ‘create an established social media presence’.
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011292478-The-How-Tos-of-advertising-off-the-Fiverr-platform

2: I’ll admit I slightly disagree with this one, but only slightly. It is extremely competition and differentiation dependent. If you are literally the only person offering a service, you can set whatever price you find reasonable for your work.
. How to Up Your Prices Sensibly and Sustainably - UPYOUR
. For information │ Number of services available in most competitive categories │Top countries and share
. Stand Your Ground: Setting Boundaries as a Seller

3: Also something to keep in mind is that people browsing search results will likely never see more than a 24x24 pxl circle, only slightly bigger than an emoji. For more context, our icons show up here on the forum (desktop ver.) at 45x45, nearly twice the size. In general, don’t put ANY words in the profile image.
. What is the role of profile photo in your Fiverr success?
. The Downside of Using other People's Images for your Profile

4: Mostly agreed. Use to be different, but not now. (The only main good use, currently, is for keeping an eye on demand/trends. Though, can also be slightly decent reading comprehension practice as long as it’s seen as practice, aka ‘what NOT to do’.)
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360050062693-Tips-to-submit-an-effective-Buyer-Request?segment=buyer
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360015226518-Responding-to-Buyer-Requests

5: Critical thinking skills!
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011094958-SEO-tricks-for-gig-titles

6: Huh, I don’t think I have a supporting link for this one on hand. One addendum: ONLY offer what YOU can do, and know what is and is not permitted!
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421218-Gig-Policies

7: Stay professional, but still have fun! (Read the room, meet the mood. If you find yourself dealing with a legal documents writer for example, then you might use some semicolons.)
. https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421118-How-to-make-your-Fiverr-profile-stand-out

8: “When in doubt: DON’T” and “The answer’s ‘no’ until you ask.”
. www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

9 Likes

@the_mad_duck Thanks for share this…
And i am a Professional Graphic Designer on Fiverr. Welcome to the Fiverr Marketplace :slight_smile:

That’s actually quite helpful! For #4, I meant that if you know you have a wide audience, make different gigs with different keywords for each demographic.

Edit: Smooth brain grammar fixed.

6 Likes

Actually @the_mad_duck, lot’s of young adults live a hostile lifestyle too.

2 Likes

That is what I said; I’m confused by your counterargument here.

4 Likes

Rise. It’s alright. No need to be.

Excellent list of tips!

I’ve been here almost five years and freelancing since 2014 (full-time since 2016).

I have written similar posts.

You hit a few key points spot on.

Thanks for spreading the word.

Maybe some newbies who came here because an “expert” on YouTube said you could get rich, quick on Fiverr discovers the truth.

13 Likes

Awesome! Really helpful article. I already follow this line up. Thanks

3 Likes

awesome tips. Thank you so much for your generosity :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is really a very interesting article in learning thanks

1 Like

@the_mad_duck Thanks for Sharing you Great Experience, I also achieved Level one in 2 months, I am waiting level 2.

4 Likes

Really helpful. Thank you. Specifically No. 7 Be more chill :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a nice suggestion, I hope you will do more post.

1 Like

A very good list of relevant tips - let’s hope some people take note!

All I would add is that there is nothing wrong with using punctuation. Many buyers like the confidence that comes with working with someone who can write well.

As a writer and proofreader of course I would say that. But there is a big difference in being able to write well - and coming across as a snob! One of my longterm clients really struggles with communication and they enjoy working with me because they know I can use language well, but I don’t patronise.

I would also suggest that there are many professional service areas on Fiverr - such as anything language based or to do with accountancy, architecture, or even being a virtual PA - where the ability to write well is essential in order to be seen as credible.

I do agree that there is nothing wrong with mirroring a buyer’s personality (just a little) when communicating (so long as it is appropriate). While in my experience those who practice neuro linguistic programming are pretentious types, there is some truth in the basic principles of NLP - which is basically adapt your persona in order to positively influence others to achieve the outcome you want.

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing, It was so informative.

2 Likes