Fiverr Community Forum

I became a Level 2 Seller in 6 months, here is what you REALLY need to know

awesome tips. Thank you so much for your generosity :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is really a very interesting article in learning thanks

1 Like

@the_mad_duck Thanks for Sharing you Great Experience, I also achieved Level one in 2 months, I am waiting level 2.

4 Likes

Really helpful. Thank you. Specifically No. 7 Be more chill :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a nice suggestion, I hope you will do more post.

1 Like

A very good list of relevant tips - let’s hope some people take note!

All I would add is that there is nothing wrong with using punctuation. Many buyers like the confidence that comes with working with someone who can write well.

As a writer and proofreader of course I would say that. But there is a big difference in being able to write well - and coming across as a snob! One of my longterm clients really struggles with communication and they enjoy working with me because they know I can use language well, but I don’t patronise.

I would also suggest that there are many professional service areas on Fiverr - such as anything language based or to do with accountancy, architecture, or even being a virtual PA - where the ability to write well is essential in order to be seen as credible.

I do agree that there is nothing wrong with mirroring a buyer’s personality (just a little) when communicating (so long as it is appropriate). While in my experience those who practice neuro linguistic programming are pretentious types, there is some truth in the basic principles of NLP - which is basically adapt your persona in order to positively influence others to achieve the outcome you want.

17 Likes

Thanks for sharing, It was so informative.

2 Likes

Like your tips, but as a soon to be Level 2 seller (after 7 months) I disagree with two points:

**2. Start stupidly low and undersell yourself.
No need to undersell yourself. I mean, certainly don’t be yet another bottom-of-the-barrel seller with $5 gigs. You have value, and skill (hopefully) which are worth something to some buyers. Not every buyer is looking for cheap. It may attract better buyers, allowing you to reach the $2000 treshold required for Lvl 2 much quicker.

4. Never go anywhere near the buyer requests
Although most of it is crap, in the beginning I was able to secure one or two decent projects from them. Once you have some clients, you can safely ignore these requests, but it doesn’t hurt to check them every once in a while when you’re starting out.

12 Likes

Nice observation, thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

The reason I said to undersell at the beginning is specifically make yourself more appealing for people who just want the job done, and don’t care for quality as long as it’s cheap. The bottom-of-the-barrel is always the most potent.

Also, in regard to buyer requests, by the time you find one buyer that is decent, you’ve already wasted more time than you would earn back doing the project.

6 Likes

That’s really very important things.

2 Likes

I think these all are important things which must be followed by us

1 Like

I agree with your every points specially the buyer request points. Thanks for your time to write this post. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Important Thing Thanku For Shereing

5 Likes

I would add a small advice: building your own brand. If people don’t recognize you, how can you stand out of the masses? Means also having an important Homepage, or a Blog. Being recognized helps you stand out anywhere, also on Fiverr.

6 Likes

Perhaps, but I wouldn’t find it all that neccesary because Fiverr already makes a page for you as a seller, where you can display your interests, skills, and gigs.

4 Likes

did you mean gig image instead of “icon”

1 Like

Thank you
A very nice good tips to use

2 Likes

It’s a nice suggestion Thank You :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

mzmasud,
Thanks for the sharing. This is really great to learn. Wishing all the good lucks.