I believe this is unfair to sellers

bethovin

Hi, when a new buyer pays for your gig after they have talked to you or maybe not, but will not respond to your request for Gig requirements so the gig can start, so you can finish and deliver the gig… and weeks pass. Fiverr shows this as an incomplete order. If you cancel the order because they have never responded and the gig can not start…Fiverr shows this as a canceled order. Both are counted against you and pull down your rating. This has happened to me and I have asked Fiverr to not rate this against me. But they say they can not do that, it has to go against my rating. How is this fair ? I have gone from a Level Two to zero in two months because of this happening.

If your gig always require an attach file from the buyer, you can edit the requirements section and change the answer type “Free Text” to “Attach File”. This might help and the buyer cannot start the order just by typing some text.

Yes, but she is talking about when they never answer the requirements after they order and needing to cancel the order for that reason.

There has been a recent discussion of this here:

Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of.tired_face" alt="tired_face

Thank you misscrystal, I have gone to that thread and replied there too. It is not making sense that we are charged for this type thing that is 100% out of our control. We can not force someone to continue after they buy a gig. If they won’t give us the requirements so the gig can start… Fiverr set up the system to work this way…No requirements…Gig can not start…order will be incomplete… We must have a way to deal with this without being demoted. It does not make sense.

Last year in April, upon my request fiverr support cancelled my 70+ orders (same case, requirements were not filled by buyers). Although “Cancellations” section showed “70 orders cancelled by Customer Support”, it didn’t affect my “Order Completion Rate”.

Even fiverr support wasn’t sure if they could cancel all those orders without affecting my “Order Completion Rate”. They requested me to send 5 order numbers for cancellation to check if these cancellations will hurt my account or not.

Last year in April, upon my request fiverr support cancelled my 70+ orders (same case, requirements were not filled by buyers). Although “Cancellations” section showed “70 orders cancelled by Customer Support”, it didn’t affect my “Order Completion Rate”.

Even fiverr support wasn’t sure if they could cancel all those orders without affecting my “Order Completion Rate”. They requested me to send 5 order numbers for cancellation to check if these cancellations will hurt my account or not.

The reason I believe they do effect my order completed rate is because it seems to say at 80 or 92 or something even when all orders are completed but I may be wrong and will keep watching this. Thank you. But they definitely lowered my rating from a 2 to a 1 and now again to a 0 because of the orders I canceled were two years old and would not respond to my asking for the requirements so I could get started. Someone said this new system change is at fault ? The orders were canceled a little over a month ago.

It seems to be a gamble if cancelling old unstarted orders will affect your completion rate or not.

I had someone come back from years ago and have his old unstarted order cancelled and it did affect my completion rate.

It’s quite stressful to have this happen, things out of your control affecting your life this way.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

you could try doing the job with the little information you have and giving a revision? And give them a deadline perhaps, like a “please answer within 2 days for changes or else I will mark it as completed”.

I think buyer didn’t provide any information to OP. Anyway, even if they have some info, I wouldn’t suggest anyone to do that. Doing this may result in account warning or suspension.

you could try doing the job with the little information you have and giving a revision? And give them a deadline perhaps, like a “please answer within 2 days for changes or else I will mark it as completed”.

I think buyer didn’t provide any information to OP. Anyway, even if they have some info, I wouldn’t suggest anyone to do that. Doing this may result in account warning or suspension.

I wouldn’t suggest anyone to do that. Doing this may result in account warning or suspension.

I’m sure it would. …for trying to trick the system.

If your gig always require an attach file from the buyer, you can edit the requirements section and change the answer type “Free Text” to “Attach File”. This might help and the buyer cannot start the order just by typing some text.

thank you so much…I am new on fiverr. Yor reply about the requirement helped me a lot.

Archived