Fiverr Community Forum

I call this piece 'Gradual Deterioration.'

I’ve created something awful, but I feel much better having vented my frustration. Bottling is bad. :crazy_face:

28 Likes

This is a wonderful piece.

The repetition of “Welcome to Fiverr” pulls the work into a wonderful cadence, and what follows distorts an assumed positive attitude with a more critical one with what follows. Being “We,” the subject of the piece doesn’t point blame at one entity and changes depending on the line, making the perpetrator multi-fold.

Well done!

8 Likes

Wow, that feels like high praise! Thank you for your break-down perspective, as it validates near-exactly what I wanted to convey.

2 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed your post. The #1 thing Fiverr needs is to tell buyers how to order. Read the gig, pick what you need, press the buy button. I get questions all day long from people who simply can’t figure that out.

10 Likes

Thank you. I did try to include several different perspectives, so it’s good to get feedback on that.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club!

I like your poem, but I’m saddened that after just joining in October, you’re already familiar with the sense of ‘gradual deterioration’ that abounds sometimes.

The good news is that we are just a few days away from a whole new decade - and a whole new astrological era. In this case, things could start picking up!

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Honestly I’m saddened that it’s expected that it takes longer to get a feel for the undercurrent. Thank you for concluding on the optimistic note, though!

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I joined Fiver and quit after a few months. Then I came back, quit again. Then came back and offered totally different gigs. Then I quit again. then came back… It can take a while, but you basically have to experiment and find your own mojo, then roll with it when you do.

I’m also a firm believer that you can’t succeed on Fiverr without having a Chihuahua. In this case, maybe get a fury co-worker after the holidays. It’s a big commitment, but it does help. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not a dog person, but my roommate has a tarantula!

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t be able to handle that. I have a spare room that I’ve only been in once in 3-years because I saw a spider in there after I moved in.

Spiders just have no place in my world.

3 Likes

I’m a big believer in the power of a calico cat in the home. Aside from the love and affection they provide, the purring, the soft yummy fur, big expressive eyes, clean habits, they are very good luck animals.

And they are always female, having a unique genetic aberration.

6 Likes

I’m very much a cat person, but my apartment doesn’t allow pets. (wistful emoji)

2 Likes

Except for tarantulas?

The rental agency doesn’t consider spiders as pets. (Something about them being akin to wall decorations.) It’s also kept in a terrarium, and usually asks before throwing any rave parties. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So… They might allow you to keep a snake, or a turtle? They’re also kept in terrariums (and don’t seem to care for rave parties). And what about leopard geckos? :slight_smile:

Sorry about going off-topic, I’m just surprised it would be so easy to keep a venomous, err, wall decoration.

3 Likes

I don’t mind off-topic, if that’s the direction a conversation naturally progresses. Personally, I find it simultaneously the easiest and hardest thing about writing dialogue. Keeping characters on-topic for plot when they suddenly want to discuss… crab rave parties, classic mystery flaws, and cake competitions.

4 Likes

And cats! Don’t forget cats! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Cats are my favorite method of interrupting character conversations. Characters refuse to get back on topic? Have a cat jump in a lap. Characters wander off into weird topic? Cat demands pets. Characters dialog becoming too serious? Cat reminds it’s feeding time.

3 Likes

Cats have a way of putting things into a softer more relaxed perspective for me. And they can “furnish” a room, make a room seem complete.

2 Likes

Someone’s being too demanding and making the other character feel uncomfortable? Cat bites/scratches them (or hisses at them, or, possibly, eats them, depending on the genre).

3 Likes