I can not see the names in Buyer Request

deivys20071

• 1 year later...

Here, a genuine situation where the requesting buyer’s name would be highly useful:

1528423258_ScreenShot2017-05-10at17_44_11.png.a8814d738400be6d188a5bf1c2db47cb.png

As you can imagine, it’s impossible for a seller to identify who this buyer is, even though the buyer specifically requested sellers to look at their history to avoid the same problems, which is impossible without the buyer’s name.

Lol I agree, that would be absolutely useful in that case.

Looking at BRs in the app is a workaround, if bothersome. you can see the names there.

Now that is simply discrimination! Why do mobile users get to see the buyers’ names and regular users can’t? Is it because we haven’t given in to the mobile technology and don’t let #skynet win?

On a serious note though, Fiverr should at least show us if we have any history with a requesting buyer…

P.S. now I will have to download a mobile device simulator, use a proxy through a virtual private network and create a virtual machine connected to that, just to see the buyers’ names as I don’t own a smartphone 😃 #kidding

Now that is simply discrimination! Why do mobile users get to see the buyers’ names and regular users can’t? Is it because we haven’t given in to the mobile technology and don’t let #skynet win?

On a serious note though, Fiverr should at least show us if we have any history with a requesting buyer…

P.S. now I will have to download a mobile device simulator, use a proxy through a virtual private network and create a virtual machine connected to that, just to see the buyers’ names as I don’t own a smartphone 😃 #kidding

[details=OT for Woofy]On re-reading your BR actually…it sounds as if it´s an angry Buyer addressing Fiverr because he couldn´t get his BR posted, so…I suppose Fiverr knows how to see their name. 👀

Also, nice P.S. but out of hearts again, so here 😉 [/details]

• 3 years later...

Here, a genuine situation where the requesting buyer’s name would be highly useful:

dad66dd499fdfb269206fe7d380e728fab38785f.png

As you can imagine, it’s impossible for a seller to identify who this buyer is, even though the buyer specifically requested sellers to look at their history to avoid the same problems, which is impossible without the buyer’s name.

im dealing with this same problem

thanks for your replay.so should I use fiverr app instead of using desktop to see the requested buyers name? But I saw some others who can see their requested buyers name in desktop? Is it normal?

Why do you need to see a buyer’s username in order to send them an offer? You should be concerned with what the buyer is asking for. Their site identities are not relevant to the offer you send.

Fiverr intentionally masks a buyer’s identity on the site/desktop for this very reason.

thanks for your replay.so should I use fiverr app instead of using desktop to see the requested buyers name? But I saw some others who can see their requested buyers name in desktop? Is it normal?

@seodude01 if like me, you want to know the buyer’s name/handle on fiverr so you can address them specifically/personally as opposed to starting your message with a general greeting in your response to a buyer offer, you can see the name on the fiverr app on your phone and then, if it’s easier for you to use your desktop/laptop, you can then type it and send your message from your desktop/laptop

Why do you need to see a buyer’s username in order to send them an offer? You should be concerned with what the buyer is asking for. Their site identities are not relevant to the offer you send.

Fiverr intentionally masks a buyer’s identity on the site/desktop for this very reason.

What if they give me condition like this

image.png.ae43f8ac37e1d3b7f8470b110aa9e72e.png

@seodude01 if like me, you want to know the buyer’s name/handle on fiverr so you can address them specifically/personally as opposed to starting your message with a general greeting in your response to a buyer offer, you can see the name on the fiverr app on your phone and then, if it’s easier for you to use your desktop/laptop, you can then type it and send your message from your desktop/laptop

thanks for your suggestion 😍 but I’m looking for a solution if it exist.

thanks again

What if they give me condition like this

If that was posted in the buyer request section, why do you think the buyer is addressing you? It sounds like an unhappy buyer posted that, not knowing how the buyer request section works. Personally, I would ignor that request, and look for another one. That buyer is clearly going to be trouble for anyone who sends an offer.

95% of the time that is correct and you don’t need the buyer’s name. Unfortunately some buyer’s requests require it s, such as if they ask you to “contact them if you have questions”, or “look at history”. I have seen ones that literally say to “contact them directly first”.

95% of the time that is correct and you don’t need the buyer’s name. Unfortunately some buyer’s requests require it s, such as if they ask you to “contact them if you have questions”, or “look at history”. I have seen ones that literally say to “contact them directly first”.

Sellers have no need to provide any other communication other than the offer they send, and there is no need to “look at history”. If a buyer posts a buyer’s request, the seller responds to it with an offer, and that is the extent of it. At that point, the ball is in the buyer’s court as they choose which offer to accept, or which seller they wish to contact for more information.

That’s how the buyer’s request section works.

• 1 month later...

Sellers have no need to provide any other communication other than the offer they send, and there is no need to “look at history”. If a buyer posts a buyer’s request, the seller responds to it with an offer, and that is the extent of it. At that point, the ball is in the buyer’s court as they choose which offer to accept, or which seller they wish to contact for more information.

That’s how the buyer’s request section works.

Tell that to the buyers posting in the request section. Sometimes you have to find very creative ways to answer their requests because Fiverr just doesn’t work the way they ask you to.

Archived