I can post a new post when I'm on the forum's front page

emmaki

So, uh, there. I can of course place this post anywhere, but maybe this tip will work for anyone else who wants to post but can’t. Or this may be specific to my account. Either way, here is a rather dull post about it. Enjoy!

Did you need to rant? RANT AWAY, MY PRETTY!

Admin Note: Since this was originally posted in Tips and had a valuable tip about how to post in the forum while there are some posting issues, it was kept in Tips. Other than any rants which already started here, please do the ranting in the Ranting Pot or the thread may be moved again. Thanks!

Yes thank you I do want to rant. The annoying messages are in full force this evening.

1. one guy asking me what are some good investments for him to make in my country, like in real estate or something. What do I recommend?
  2. Someone asking: I got a spell two weeks ago from another witch on fiverr. How do spells work? how long do they last? Do they ever end? (and on and on questioning how spells work in detail-- why not ask these dozens of questions of the one you got the spell from?)
  3. How do I learn how to be a witch? How did you get to be one?
  4. Can you tell me how this works? I’m just curious. I don’t believe in any of this.
  5. You should worry about your karma forcing people to do things against their will this way
  6. Don’t disappoint me. And please give me something extra ($5 buyer)

50 messages a day.

Damn girl, 50 messages/day? I’d go crazy. At most I get like 20 a day and 90% of them are tire kickers.

5 could be an interesting discussion (without the whole response rate nonsense and the fact that the inbox is for business not nagging philosophy). Since I’m bored, here are my answers:

1. the best investment is you, you champion/invest in gold, the end is nigh. Don’t tell anyone, otherwise in the dystopian apocalyptic world, you will be horribly murdered for your resources. Maybe build a secret Fürhrerbunker for all that gold and fill it with food and drink while you’re at it.
  2. Magic. As long as they need to. See previous answer, IDK. Please contact @MagicWitch1234abracadabra for more detail.
  3. Hogwarts. Go to London first, you need to board the wall train. If you keep banging into the wall and nothing happens, that’s fine. #ifatfirstyoudontsucceed
  4. The first rule of witch club is that you don’t talk about witch club. This is also the second rule.
  5. GTFO, dullard
  6. See above

I am expecting a 1-star review soon. I know this, as not only did my delightful $5 buyer inform me that if I didn’t cancel, I would get one, but also that he would file a complaint with CS. Little does he know that I contacted CS ages ago and we’re doing a slightly rubbish sting on him.

(I say sting, but it isn’t really. I’m convincing myself this is more glamorous than it actually is!)

That’s a good one, I should add it to my repertoire… right now I have a “too busy” one which isn’t ideal and gets a weird amount of “cool, write to me when you’re not so busy!” messages back.

It’s like… I won’t. It’s a time sink and I will have forgotten about it with the several other messages on top. Last thing I want to do at the moment is traipse through a hellscape of questions that may lead nowhere for nothing after doing my work and dealing with actual work…

…ai ai ai.

That yo’ is irritating me! Before my time though, I joined on NYE 2013 (as in the last day of…). I think my first gig was a PR, I’ll have to look it up, although I probably don’t have the email (inbox maintenance, people!) and I’m not about to scroll through over 2000 orders to find it.

Yo’.

Maybe it was an implied yo momma joke?

Like, totally radical if radical was the geek locked up in your basement was the impression I got.

I also really like how it goes from yo’ to fancy words like accredited and revenue after yo’.

Speaking of which, time to air out an old bugbear. The CEO was going to do a live Q&A session in… Xmas 2014 I think? I can’t remember and I don’t particularly care, as this paragraph reveals, but he never did, it was forthcoming (STILL WAITING), as was the proper video and not the vertical cam shakeovision video (STILL WAITING).

You should go to that Tampa Fiverr meetup which is coming soon. Do a forum search, it’ll show up. I like how there’s a link to an external contact FB page and (when I last checked) it had a bunch of maybes from Pakistan etc.

lulzy. A bored Fiver rep will be there, free things you didn’t want will be available and you can listen to Tips for Sellers in person (and have to maintain a neutral face at worst).

NETWORKING!

I’ll announce one for Greece soon, I think.

Maybe the Tampa thing isn’t happening. Can a mod explain? I mean, I just did a quick search myself but… the post I saw seems to be gone and it’s now being promo’d in (as far as I can tell, not that interested) deleted comments to My Fiverr Gigs.

My meetup will be much more fun and I won’t spam the spam gulag with it.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Fiverr Community Event in Tampa Bay!

Exciting news, Florida Community! We're having another event, this time in the Tampa Bay area. This event will be hosted by popular seller, video spokesperson and voice over artist, Voiceoverpete. You're not going to want to miss this! Fiverr's...

Found it.

The point, dear Emma (and others), is that happiness is a state of the mind. You don’t need money to be happy, a high paying job, or a “sexy lady”. Happiness is about living life on your terms, not being dependent on anyone or anything, doing your duty and staying healthy. If you are happy within yourself, have a high sense of self-esteem and don’t care what others think or say about you that’s 90% of the battle won. There are other things that are important too - don’t get into debt, have a place to stay of your own, don’t become reckless, don’t get into trouble with the law, pay your taxes, just make sure nobody has anything on you. Once you do that, you are free 🙂

Correct. The front page new post thing works perfectly, and you can pick whichever area of the forum to post it in with the drop-down menu as you normally would.

I left it in Tips for Sellers as a) it’s the most visible category b) it kind of started off as a tip, although conversations is a far more appropriate location given the wildly tangential discussion!

All the other sub-forum new post areas just don’t do anything, so I thought it was worth pointing out.

Can some one say “great post thank very helpful will make me sell” now? I’m disappointed that nobody has done this yet.

I remind myself not to get bogged down into wanting more “stuff”. It’s a trap of western society. I value health, knowledge and peace of mind.
Sufficiency is the key word for me. Having just enough. Why do some people feel they need 100 purses for instance? Or a 70 inch TV?

Archived