I can smell level one, should I change my price list?

aswaninabwen510

I am so excited for the 15th of August, it has taken me exactly one year to make it to level one. I hope my next year will be full of growth and developing wonderful relationships.
Speaking of growth I have been looking through the profiles of different colleagues offering similar services to mine, and I feel like am undercharging everything. I am torn between maintaining my return clients or growing with my fiverr account. How do you guys work around this?

Hey congrats! I’m almost halfway to Level One myself. I’m not sure about the field you’re in but in my area it can get really competitive which made me start selling at the lowest possible price, but once I hit 10 reviews I upped my prices because:

1. The reviews were great and helped showcase my work
  2. I believed I was worth the money I was going to be charging.

In my short time on working through Fiverr, my experience has been you’ve got to have something that seperates you from the rest whether it’s the product, the price or both. It’s good to look at other peoples gigs to get an idea of the market you’re in but I think once you’ve got a good pace and the clientele you can start to break off and do your own thing in terms of pricing.

I took a look at your profile, and wow! 41 reviews ALL 5 stars! I don’t think that’s an easy feat, I think you should definitely consider changing you prices, at least for your more popular gigs. As for your return clients, something I’ve been practicing with some of my return clients is offering a discounted offer on my more expensive packages to help ease that change in price, and those that will stay, will stay.

Best of luck! 🙂

Hi! Congrats on the achievment. I would suggest experimenting with different prices. Change the prices for a week and see how it goes ( I’m not saying you should do this every week as every time you change it the gig goes offline for some time) I gradually increased my price and that helped me. Being a level 1 seller helps buyers trust you more. One think I learned on raising my prices. You get much more serious buyers and reduces the chances of scamming.

Hope this helped :))

Hey congrats! I’m almost halfway to Level One myself. I’m not sure about the field you’re in but in my area it can get really competitive which made me start selling at the lowest possible price, but once I hit 10 reviews I upped my prices because:

1. The reviews were great and helped showcase my work
  2. I believed I was worth the money I was going to be charging.

In my short time on working through Fiverr, my experience has been you’ve got to have something that seperates you from the rest whether it’s the product, the price or both. It’s good to look at other peoples gigs to get an idea of the market you’re in but I think once you’ve got a good pace and the clientele you can start to break off and do your own thing in terms of pricing.

I took a look at your profile, and wow! 41 reviews ALL 5 stars! I don’t think that’s an easy feat, I think you should definitely consider changing you prices, at least for your more popular gigs. As for your return clients, something I’ve been practicing with some of my return clients is offering a discounted offer on my more expensive packages to help ease that change in price, and those that will stay, will stay.

Best of luck! 🙂

Thank you so much Kometbeats for taking the time to respond to me. I will definitely be considering your advice on this, especially offering discounted prices to my return clients. I guess embracing change isn’t as easy either. This should be a worthwhile risk

Hi! Congrats on the achievment. I would suggest experimenting with different prices. Change the prices for a week and see how it goes ( I’m not saying you should do this every week as every time you change it the gig goes offline for some time) I gradually increased my price and that helped me. Being a level 1 seller helps buyers trust you more. One think I learned on raising my prices. You get much more serious buyers and reduces the chances of scamming.

Hope this helped :))

Oh thank you Heyfellow1, I can see you are well on your way to level two. Congratulations to you too. Changing price for a week is an option I am willing to try, but wont it be difficult to return to the original price should it fail?

Congratulations!
The best way is to make a research and check, what is a medium price for the services, that you offer, and if your prices is really very low, you definitely should change your prices. Also, if you offer a very high quality services and your returning customers are happy, probably a little increase of your prices will not be a problem for them

Oh thank you Heyfellow1, I can see you are well on your way to level two. Congratulations to you too. Changing price for a week is an option I am willing to try, but wont it be difficult to return to the original price should it fail?

Its an experiment, true you may loose a week of sales, or you may win more sales…depends on how the experiment goes…so its a gamble. But yeah, it worked out for me so I thought I’d share it. 🙂

Congratulations!

The best way is to make a research and check, what is a medium price for the services, that you offer, and if your prices is really very low, you definitely should change your prices. Also, if you offer a very high quality services and your returning customers are happy, probably a little increase of your prices will not be a problem for them

I really hope it wont be. Thank you Olyasr. I think my quality of service is great, so I hope the move wont cost me much

Hey, I have made over 400 Fiverr Sales despite mostly not having a level (my ratings drop) and charging by value and not under charging.

Please don’t think you need to wait for a level to charge what you’re worth. If you’re of value and in demand it doesn’t matter. People will find and pay regardless of your level.

I refuse to let levels govern how I value myself and I refuse to undervalue myself to overcome Fiverr’s unfair ratings system. I will not be ruled by things buyers do that mess up my completion rate.

Hey, I have made over 400 Fiverr Sales despite mostly not having a level (my ratings drop) and charging by value and not under charging.

Please don’t think you need to wait for a level to charge what you’re worth. If you’re of value and in demand it doesn’t matter. People will find and pay regardless of your level.

I refuse to let levels govern how I value myself and I refuse to undervalue myself to overcome Fiverr’s unfair ratings system. I will not be ruled by things buyers do that mess up my completion rate.

I’m going through a horrible experience with a buyer right now and I needed to hear this. THANK YOU. 🙂

Humanissocial you have a point, thank you for sharing. Yes we must value ourselves beyond any rating. Clients can mess up ratings, but it sure feels good when your efforts are recognized

Archived