I cannot find rules posted anywhere regarding Guarantees

bilskro

I have used other services like Upworks where you do not pay unless you are happy with the service. But I cannot find anything on this site explaining the process.

Where are the rules.

For instance I hire someone to edit an aritcle and they do not finish the job or do a horrible job, are they automatic paid and I am out of luck.

Can someone point to where the rules regarding customer satisfaction are.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

Fiverr Terms of Service (that you agreed to when you signed up):

• Gigs are required to have an appropriate Gig image related to the service offered. An option to upload two additional Gig images are available to all Sellers. Sellers must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Gig images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Gig images may lead to the Seller’s account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled.

User Generated Content
[…]
Furthermore, Fiverr is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers (even if they are Pro Sellers, Top Rated Sellers, offer Promoted Gigs or otherwise). We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, any communications between Buyers and Sellers, and the Logo Designs created through the Logo Maker. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate services.

HOWEVER

• We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Fiverr’s Customer Support department for assistance here. For more information about disputes, Order cancellations and refunds please refer to the Payment Terms.

and: www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360048873834

I have used other services like Upworks where you do not pay unless you are happy with the service. But I cannot find anything on this site explaining the process.

Where are the rules.

For instance I hire someone to edit an aritcle and they do not finish the job or do a horrible job, are they automatic paid and I am out of luck.

There is a rule.

Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

If they fail to deliver what they promised, you can cancel. If they deliver something you don’t like but it’s in accordance to what they said they would deliver, you can’t.

Example - you order a logo. Seller doesn’t deliver a logo, or completely fails to follow agreed to instructions (you ask for a blue square logo, they deliver a red round logo), you can cancel. However, if they don’t fail to meet any explicitly stated instructions (you ask for a blue square logo and they deliver a blue square logo that you think looks horrible), you can’t cancel.

Therefore, be as specific as possible in your request. If you say “Do whatever you think is best, use your creativity, etc.” instead of specific instructions, it’s your fault, not the seller’s.

I have used other services like Upworks where you do not pay unless you are happy with the service.

This is an insane policy, and I would refuse to work under those conditions. According to that, any buyer can get any work they want, tell Fiverr “I don’t like it”, and I worked for nothing. Lots of people out there won’t be “happy” with anything, and even more would say they aren’t even if they are if that means they would get their money back and keep the product. I’m not stupid, thanks.

I think that is horrible it reminds me of EBAY .vs Amazon and why Amazon now dominates. This is more like EBAY and the wild wild west.

Buyers are want you need because without buyers there are no sellers. And buyers should be entitled to a product they agreed upon or money back guarantee. Just my 2 cents worth.

I think that is horrible it reminds me of EBAY .vs Amazon and why Amazon now dominates. This is more like EBAY and the wild wild west.

Buyers are want you need because without buyers there are no sellers. And buyers should be entitled to a product they agreed upon or money back guarantee. Just my 2 cents worth.

If the seller fails to deliver what he agreed to, you will get a refund. If he doesn’t, you won’t. Can’t get more fair than that.

Would you work for nothing, and only get paid if the high and mighty client decides you deserve it? Go do it, then.

And, btw, try doing that with everything in your life. Go to a restaurant. Say you don’t like it and refuse to pay. Go to a mechanic. Say you don’t like it, refuse to pay.

“Check this incredible tip on how to live for free and get everything you want! Sellers hate it!”

Where are the rules.

Where are the rules.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page for the rules as to how Fiverr works.

Everything is explained there in great detail.

Everyone needs to read the Terms of Service before buying and selling anything on Fiverr.

As much as sellers are entitled to get paid for a job done, as long as it is done in accordance with the contract (which in this case consists of gig description, Fiverr’s ToS and angreements the two parties have made).

Sellers are not here to serve buyers. We are independent contractors, we offer our services and buyers are free to purchase them, when they need them. It is a mutually beneficial collaboration, both parties get something out of, buyers and sellers are equals and deserve equal rights and responsibilities when it comes to fulfilling the contract.

Would you feel it is okay for your boss to decide at the end of the month whether you deserve to get paid or not based on his subjective judgement of your results?

Please tell me you are joking? You are right?

Oh, you’re not. In that case your attitude stinks.

You have such a sense of entitlement.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Archived