I cant believe it's so easy to get work for free in fiverr. Worst experience

ronnie_videos1

I got an order, made the video. Next day the buyer told that he didn’t order and it was his son that made the order and he wants a refund. It’s was not a huge project - 45$, but it still felt like cheating so I refused. After that the buyer started spamming request revision button and asking for a refund.

I contacted the fiverr support the they told me to tell buyer that it is against fiverr rules. Customer replies “no,sorry” . Later the support said they can’t force to accept the order and that I need to cancel it… so…

I CAN ORDER ANY GIG HERE AND JUST NOT ACCEPT IT. I can make a story about stolen card or I can just not accept it without any reason. I can order any expensive gig and just say “NO” after the delivery without any details.

This is so unfair. We are at the mercy of our customers. Makes me so sad to know that it is so exploitable. My experience was just 45$ and took me ~20min, other sellers might be working a few weeks on their project. cry

😣

I’m so sad & sorry that this happened to you @ronnie_videos1
This is so heartbreaking and discouraging !!
There is something obviously very wrong with the system, I think some of the system’s rules really needs remodification. This is very bad. How will someone refuse to keep his card/money “out of the reach of children” and punish an innocent seller working so hard to survive for his or her own mistake !!!

This can never happen in the real world.
I hope fiverr sees this and adjust the rules governing buyers.

@pandumstudio Yes, I send it in full resolution. I don’t know the reason I would send it in a lower resolution. Not sure if this would prevent cheating.

IMO, it is not a good idea for sending delivery in full resolution unless the buyer has approve that your work is flawless AND there’s no more request for revision.

I know this is a subjective opinion, but i think you gave those kind of buyers the chance for cheating on you. If i were you, i always keep the assumption that every work need need to be approved first before i send them the complete files. This way, i can sure that if my buyer want the work for free, they only left with using low res works.

At least you indirectly force them to stick on the appropriate procedure if they would like to have the full res work. It’s win-win.

IMO, it is not a good idea for sending delivery in full resolution unless the buyer has approve that your work is flawless AND there’s no more request for revision.

I know this is a subjective opinion, but i think you gave those kind of buyers the chance for cheating on you. If i were you, i always keep the assumption that every work need need to be approved first before i send them the complete files. This way, i can sure that if my buyer want the work for free, they only left with using low res works.

At least you indirectly force them to stick on the appropriate procedure if they would like to have the full res work. It’s win-win.

If i were you, i always keep the assumption that every work need need to be approved first before i send them the complete files.

If you click on the Deliver button but don’t send the complete files, you’re violating Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and could easily get banned for it.

Smart but it violates the rule. However, this does not negate the fact that they can still run away with your work either big or small .

Imagine me making a $200 5 minute video, hire a voiceover artist, work on designs for a week . After delivery , the buyer might just say that his dog mistakenly punched the order button so i should refund!! This is so unbearable!!

If i were you, i always keep the assumption that every work need need to be approved first before i send them the complete files.

If you click on the Deliver button but don’t send the complete files, you’re violating Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and could easily get banned for it.

Yes @catwriter and @videoarticle , i know the TOS.

Sorry, I mistakenly said “complete files” instead of “all files”.

Since i’m talking about “resolution”, i never mentioned about not delivering “all files” to your buyer.

I clearly said that we should not send the delivery in “full resolution” before it is approved, with the assumption that every single delivery will need some corrections.

Anyway, I’m a designer. I believe different profession also means different work flow.

Yes @catwriter and @videoarticle , i know the TOS.

Sorry, I mistakenly said “complete files” instead of “all files”.

Since i’m talking about “resolution”, i never mentioned about not delivering “all files” to your buyer.

I clearly said that we should not send the delivery in “full resolution” before it is approved, with the assumption that every single delivery will need some corrections.

Anyway, I’m a designer. I believe different profession also means different work flow.

If someone orders from me a book, but I only send them the manuscript with no proofreading and editing made, it’s still incomplete work. You promise high-quality resolution delivery. Anything lesser than that is against TOS. I think you shouldn’t do that because you risk being banned. But that’s just my opinion.

You said: " What will i get upon the delivery of my order?

For basic gig, you will get the final logo in high-resolution (300 DPI, CMYK print-ready and RGB) with transparent background, logo real-preview (you could also call this as “3D-mockup”), copyrights, vector file, and logo in altered versions (if possible)."

If you don’t do that from first delivery, you will be banned.

Anyways, I think you guys shouldn’t jump to conclusion. The OP is now banned, and it didn’t seem to have a history with Fiverr. I tried on Archive.org and didn’t find anything about him. His forum account was 1 hour old. Therefore, I don’t know what to believe about his claims.

Personally, if someone tries to gets away with my work without paying (no one ever succeeded that, I always refused cancellations and CS took my side) I will simply publish the said work online as mine! If they try to use it later, it will be a copycat. That can be used for videos, sounds files, photos, anything. The OP always has powers, especially on proven platforms like YouTube and likewise.

If someone orders from me a book, but I only send them the manuscript with no proofreading and editing made, it’s still incomplete work. You promise high-quality resolution delivery. Anything lesser than that is against TOS. I think you shouldn’t do that because you risk being banned. But that’s just my opinion.

For basic gig, you will get the final logo in high-resolution (300 DPI, CMYK print-ready and RGB) with transparent background, logo real-preview (you could also call this as “3D-mockup”), copyrights, vector file, and logo in altered versions (if possible)."

Anyways, I think you guys shouldn’t jump to conclusion. The OP is now banned, and it didn’t seem to have a history with Fiverr. I tried on Archive.org and didn’t find anything about him. His forum account was 1 hour old. Therefore, I don’t know what to believe about his claims.

Personally, if someone tries to gets away with my work without paying (no one ever succeeded that, I always refused cancellations and CS took my side) I will simply publish the said work online as mine! If they try to use it later, it will be a copycat. That can be used for videos, sounds files, photos, anything. The OP always has powers, especially on proven platforms like YouTube and likewise.

@manucornel I am still here, just my fiverr name is ronnie_videos wthout the 1 at the end. I have delivered 750+ orders, first time getting this situation. 😦

Thanks for the insight, @manucornel. SInce i’m not a writer, proofreader, nor an editor; manuscript and editing on writing-related works are not analogue with any terms in graphic design works.

Thanks for pointing out. I have clearly said about “final”. If they have not been approved yet, then it is not final and not a “final delivery with error-free”, it is just a “delivery that need corrections”. I also wrote this in each of my delivery: “please download the attachment before you check the delivery for better zooming experience. Afterward, please reject this delivery and let me know if there’s anything that need to be revised. If everything has meet your requirements, i will resend them in full resolution”

Different profession has different way to interpret TOS and to sync their workflow to it, in my opinion.

@manucornel I am still here, just my fiverr name is ronnie_videos wthout the 1 at the end. I have delivered 750+ orders, first time getting this situation. 😦

Sorry about that. I really hope things like that don’t happen again. Can’t you post that video on your youtube portfolio or something? At least to not allow them to use it.

@pandumstudio You are playing with fire. Don’t come complaining when you will be burned. Delivered files are always final version, as you get notified when you press that button.

Sorry about that. I really hope things like that don’t happen again. Can’t you post that video on your youtube portfolio or something? At least to not allow them to use it.

@pandumstudio You are playing with fire. Don’t come complaining when you will be burned. Delivered files are always final version, as you get notified when you press that button.

It’s a personalized video. It’s not an high end project, just a funny video. It’s not meant for commercial use in any ways. I am just wishing you guys not to get same type of customers! 😃

@pandumstudio You are playing with fire.

Really, that is a great opinion @manucornel. Thanks for reminding me that i’m playing with fire.

Don’t come complaining when you will be burned.

No, i won’t. I’m not that kind of person. I have said that we have different way to sync our workflow with Fiverr’s TOS. If my interpretation is misleading, then sooner of later i will get warned by Fiverr. My current workflow is created for better data and file management. There’s no chance for manipulation on the current delivery system by using my current workflow.

Delivered files are always final version, as you get notified when you press that button.

Fiverr’s UI and UX designer made the ACCEPT and REJECT button on the buyer’s side. They are there because they obviously have function, and their existence could be the answer of the matter we are debating right now.

Thanks for the insight, @manucornel. SInce i’m not a writer, proofreader, nor an editor; manuscript and editing on writing-related works are not analogue with any terms in graphic design works.

Thanks for pointing out. I have clearly said about “final”. If they have not been approved yet, then it is not final and not a “final delivery with error-free”, it is just a “delivery that need corrections”. I also wrote this in each of my delivery: “please download the attachment before you check the delivery for better zooming experience. Afterward, please reject this delivery and let me know if there’s anything that need to be revised. If everything has meet your requirements, i will resend them in full resolution”

Different profession has different way to interpret TOS and to sync their workflow to it, in my opinion.

I think the point that people are making here, is that Fiverr does not distinguish between “final delivery” and “delivery”. There’s one button, it’s the delivery button, and when you use it, you’re supposed to be delivering your final/complete/finished version of your work.

I understand that you’re trying to get approval from your client. Perhaps another way to do this (that I don’t believe is against Fiverr’s TOS) would be to attach a low-res version WITHIN the order conversation. Attach it, don’t ‘deliver’ it. Ask the client to respond with either changes or approval. Then, within the time limit of the order, submit the finished version using the Deliver button.

It is of course up to you how you run your business. But as a few people have pointed out to you, what you’re currently doing is very much against Fiverr’s TOS, so you do run the risk of getting a warning (or worse).

I think the point that people are making here, is that Fiverr does not distinguish between “final delivery” and “delivery”. There’s one button, it’s the delivery button, and when you use it, you’re supposed to be delivering your final/complete/finished version of your work.

I understand that you’re trying to get approval from your client. Perhaps another way to do this (that I don’t believe is against Fiverr’s TOS) would be to attach a low-res version WITHIN the order conversation. Attach it, don’t ‘deliver’ it. Ask the client to respond with either changes or approval. Then, within the time limit of the order, submit the finished version using the Deliver button.

It is of course up to you how you run your business. But as a few people have pointed out to you, what you’re currently doing is very much against Fiverr’s TOS, so you do run the risk of getting a warning (or worse).

I see. Thanks for the solution @cubittaudio, will definitely stick to your idea. I think i’m just too technical and need to change my work flow from now on. Thanks for everyone @manucornel @catwriter @videoarticle.

But still, Fiverr need to configure this delivery system, IMO. There’s no counter for revisions in order conversation page. If i attach the low res work on order page and my buyer ask for revision, then it will not officially be counted as revision.

I’m just thinking about the best way to deliver my client files. Delivering files around 200 mb is fine if delivered once, but i just see repeatedly delivering big sized, unapproved files is really inefficient and ineffective.

I see. Thanks for the solution @cubittaudio, will definitely stick to your idea. I think i’m just too technical and need to change my work flow from now on. Thanks for everyone @manucornel @catwriter @videoarticle.

But still, Fiverr need to configure this delivery system, IMO. There’s no counter for revisions in order conversation page. If i attach the low res work on order page and my buyer ask for revision, then it will not officially be counted as revision.

I’m just thinking about the best way to deliver my client files. Delivering files around 200 mb is fine if delivered once, but i just see repeatedly delivering big sized, unapproved files is really inefficient and ineffective.

But still, Fiverr need to configure this delivery system, IMO. There’s no counter for revisions in order conversation page . If i attach the low res work on order page and my buyer ask for revision, then it will not be counted officially as revision.

I just thinking about the best way to deliver my client files. Delivering files around 200 mb is fine if delivered once, but i just see repeatedly delivering big sized, unapproved files is really not efficient and not effective.

Exactly. Someone who does not work in a graphic design industry just don’t get this.

Archived