Fiverr Community Forum

I CLOSED my Level 2 Fiverr account with over $5000 in Revenue. Here's Why

In January of 2020, I decided to create my first ever account on Fiverr that would provide dance video services to up-and-coming artists who were looking to promote their music in a fresh, new way. At the time, I didn’t know anything about marketing my account, setting up my profile for success, or how to even provide a service that people might actually want to purchase.

To my surprise, I was able to generate consistent revenue over the next several months with large orders and faithful clients who would all help push my profile to Level 2 status in less than 4 months.

However, despite having consistent inquiries and a relatively high click volume, I felt like there was still more that could be done.

For months I experimented with different thumbnails, descriptions, gallery videos, and more, in order to garner as much attention to my profile as possible, while at the same time, being able to surpass those expectations that I provided to the buyer base.

Despite having over 10 active unique gigs and over 100 different clients, I realized what I needed was a refresh.

I needed to start over.

Knowing what I know now, I decided to rebrand my old account from a random username “spook1” with over 10 unique gigs to the now, clear and concise DanceDanceNYC with a single niche gig that is reflective of my most common and sought after service from the past year.

It’ll be fun starting all the way from the bottom once again, but I’m ready to take on the challenge and get this new and improved brand all the way from New to Level 2 through Top Seller in no time.

What ways have you adjusted your branding overtime?
What have you noticed works and what doesn’t?

Let us know down below!

2 Likes