Fiverr Community Forum

I critique poetry

I’ve been fortunate to have been taught by two T.S. Eliot Poetry Prize winners, as well having my own work published. I would love to pass my insight and experiences onto others with this gig!

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/8d21583ada?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs_Mobile

Cool gig. Curious to know why don’t you offer your own poetry writing service?

1 Like

Hi Lesley,

Welcome to Fiverr and to the form! :slightly_smiling_face:

Truth is a hard pill to swallow so, I would say not to give it too much thought and keep focused. Don’t let it get you down. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @j6nyc6 good question! I find writing poetry on request to be difficult for a few reasons. Mainly it is that everyone has a particular style in mind that they want, and can’t just produce Wordsworth out of nowhere!

While I can critique according to another style and give pointers, I can’t write in any other voice than my own, so don’t offer it as a gig.

As far as writing goes I find articles to be more lucrative and less time consuming. :grin:

1 Like

I can’t write in any other style but my own either. I hate when people ask me to write a rhyme sounding like Lil Pump or Lil Wayne. I’m like nope, I can only write like Lil ol’ me.

3 Likes