I didn't reply faster to my first ever potential buyer, What should I do?

tarshan_m

Hi
I am a newbie to Fiverr.
It took a long time for me to come back online.
When I came back, I got my first ever message saying “I want to design a new certificate . I like your style… Can you do this in Hebrew and English ?”
I was so happy to see this message as it was my first ever message.
But I noticed that I haven’t replied my potential customer for past 4 days.
I replied just now but I am so worried that I might lose my first ever opportunity

Hey there!

Don’t worry if he really admires your work, he’ll be more than happy to reply back to you. If not, customers come and go. Try not to beat yourself up over it man.

Thank You.

I have seen people in Fiverr saying that It will take sometime to establish ourselves as a good seller. So I understand I should wait. However I required some kind of support and got to know about this Forum and joined here. Thank You for supporting me… 🙂

Hi

I am a newbie to Fiverr.

When I came back, I got my first ever message saying “I want to design a new certificate . I like your style… Can you do this in Hebrew and English ?”

I replied just now but I am so worried that I might lose my first ever opportunity

As a seller, you need to respond to buyers within 24 hours or your response time gets longer. If it gets too long buyers may not want to contact you because they do not like to wait more than a day for an answer.

I guess just a few Buyers would wait for response from new Seller for 4 days. Even if your service is exceptional or “out of this world”, you probably lost the client.

You will learn from this lesson, remember it and respond in 24 hours or less next time. Simple.🙂

Hi

I am a newbie to Fiverr.

In addition to what has been advised:

Check out this article: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011451678-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-response-time--rate

Hello! You should always try your best to respond to messages within 24h. There is a high chance that buyers contact a large number of sellers and then choose one. 4 days passed and it is possible that this buyer has already found someone else for the work! It happened to me as well, but I didn’t reply after 4 days, I replied after just 30-40mins and someone else already got the work. So yes, we need to be fast. Try to avoid that in the future, specially since you’re new and need to get a first order!!

Anyway, try to reply to the buyer apologising of the late reply and see if the work is still available 😉

As a seller, you need to respond to buyers within 24 hours or your response time gets longer. If it gets too long buyers may not want to contact you because they do not like to wait more than a day for an answer.

A buyer messaged me

I replied but it was about 40+ mins later I replied

But he hasn’t replied me

It happened today

Could it be he has messaged another seller?

Do not stress over it too much, buyers go “shopping” and contact multiple sellers.

There’s times in which I answered to people immediately and they wouldn’t even bother to reply back. Perhaps you could’ve lost him even if you had seen his message earlier. Do not necessarily see it as a lost opportunity.

Archived