I do it because I'm bored! Why did you start selling on Fiverr?

aurorar

I admit it: I am a workaholic! I have been on vacation for the past week and it’s driving me NUTS! In anticipation for this time off, I created a Fiverr account and have gotten a few gigs that I’ve delivered quickly, but now I’m sitting here hitting the refresh button over and over again waiting for a new gig, haha!

While I wait, I’m curious: why did you start selling on Fiverr? Is it side income? Fun? Or just to try it out?

Guest tn5rr2012

I started offering my family tree gig so the average joe could discover their family history and have a start for their own research, nothing boring about genealogy to me…

I started as just a buyer. Fell in love, and slowly started creating gigs. It took awhile for my gigs to pop off, but now it’s for a second income. The money helps pay bills. I also enjoy what I do. Just like you, I spend a lot of time refreshing & checking emails for new messages & orders. 🙂

-Nakita

I joined fiverr around 2 months ago though accidentally. Here is my story. As I was walking through the streets and highways of the internet, I came across a road sign (blog post) indicating there was ‘no way through’ (criticizing) to the next town (fiverr). But being the ‘curious me’, I decided to find out the reason by visiting that ‘town’. Contrary to my expectations, that town looked like a paradise and I camped there (up to now). Well, that’s how I got here.

gudwriter said: I joined fiverr around 2 months ago though accidentally. Here is my story. As I was walking through the streets and highways of the internet, I came across a road sign (blog post) indicating there was 'no way through' (criticizing) to the next town (fiverr). But being the 'curious me', I decided to find out the reason by visiting that 'town'. Contrary to my expectations, that town looked like a paradise and I camped there (up to now). Well, that's how I got here.

(police) Hey, buddy, no camping allowed......who do you think you are Occupy Fiverr? Lets go move along, go make some sales or something..... :D

I got into the world of Fiverr by a friend of mine who first introduced me into the world of Internet Marketing and I asked him, “Where do I start?”.

He showed me Fiverr and I created a couple of gigs and then by mere accident when I created my eBook-gig, then things started to get really serious! ^^,

Fiverr is an amazing place not only to make money, learn how to communicate with humans, but it is also a great place to build reputation with one’s Fiverr-account name.

Many people who come to Fiverr as buyers are business-people so if they realize that you got the goods, they might want to do business with you outside Fiverr as well! 😉

Finally, Fiverr is also lots of FUN, I get raw pleasure of delivering gigs where I know the buyer will be very pleased!

Take Care & Have An Awesome New Years Eve! / Max “MaxTheMarketer” K.

Reply to @musiclover: I’m currently exploring other avenues. I’ve only been on Fiverr for 20 days but I’m almost at 10 gigs and all of them were completely unsolicited. I think adding a video, a sample of my work, and going Express helped.

I am thinking about starting a blog - currently I think it’s my easiest route, but I’m open to suggestions!

I joined Fiverr for a couple of reasons!

My first is that I need money. My graphics tablet was getting faulty, there were a few memberships I wanted to get and I wanted to get people some really great Christmas presents this year, as I hated using the excuse "Sorry, I’m broke."

My second is that I can’t find a single job vacancy nearby. Not even volunteer work! I need something to be able to put on my CV and I also wanted experience working online (especially in terms of graphics and art), so Fiverr was a green light.

Third- I just wanted to be able to draw and get a little back 😃 So much fun!

I first found fiverr by searching for something on google, then realize I have some editing skills and did it to maybe help pay hosting cost and some other fees.

Now I’m saving for a sweet little used car with a body kit (like the fast and furious cars) by spring all from my fiverr earnings! Woot!

Reply to @aurorar: I joined a few months back. It was because I wanted to have something to escape to a creative release. Its an added bonus I earn a money. Its not a lot though in the UK. But I am planning on using the cash when I go to the states buy myself a handbag or something 🙂

Archived