I don't know how to get my first order

mhdx19

Dear mhdx19:

I took a look at your gigs. Here is the help you requested:

• Your log line:

Living in a third world country is a war that I must win

War?! Huh? What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! I suggest you change this to something that creates positive associations in the reader’s mind.

• Your profile text:

Just an 19-year-old Arab doing his best in a third world Country and hoping to make some money from this machine that his father keeps telling him it’s a waste of time.

This is very negative! You need to be more positive. Also, you should give your preferred name by which you want people to address you.

I suggest you scrap the description that you have and come up with something that appeals to the BUYER from the BUYER’S point of view. The buyer is on Fiverr so that you can solve THEIR problems.

• Gig Title: I will provide exclusive pictures of Morocco for $5

This is too generic. What are the landmarks where you live? You should do research to find the most beautiful vistas that make sense for you, and add more specifics to your title. Find out what key words people search for when contemplating Morocco and add them.

I know there’s a gig where someone films in front of the Taj Mahal, which is very popular. If you can find something like that, you will be golden.

• Gig Image: You have 3, which is good, but they are fairly nondescript.

• Gig Description:

Hi! Hope you are fine.
For just $5, I will provide you with as many pictures as you like of Morocco. Pictures that include food, places, people, and traditional clothes.

All the pictures will be in high quality.

This is too big a promise, and will turn reasonable buyers off. You should cap it at a reasonable number, say 5, and offer additional images as gig extras. Ideally, any single gig should take you no more than 5 to 15 minutes to perform.

Decent people don’t want to feel like they’re taking advantage of you, and indecent people will be happy to take advantage of you. Don’t undervalue yourself. Compete on quality, not price.

I suggest you take a look at the gigs where people offer to write messages or hold signs in front of key landmarks and add gigs along those lines.

Also, you should consider offering video in addition to still images.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

You can have 1200 characters in your gig descriptions; I suggest you take advantage of that. Also, your use of capitalization was inconsistent. I can understand wanting to highlight key words, but I’d suggest using bold rather than capitalization.

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds, with sound

• Fiverr Academy

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

Regarding your translation gig:

I will translate any kind of text up to 500 words for $5. When you live in an Arabic country, you master one of the most beautiful languages in the world. I can speak, write, and understand Arabic. You will get an almost perfect translation of your text (picture, C.V., article…).

(I can also translate Arabic to English).

N.B.: for bigger orders, please contact me.

I left C.V. and N.B. in there, but you should be aware that most Americans have no idea what they mean. It’d be simpler to leave them out. Any time you use an abbreviation for the first time, you should explain what it means.

Examples:

curriculum vitae (C.V.)
nota bene (N.B.)

The negativity has to go. You love living in Morocco! Your father is great! Everything is awesome! You’re here to SOLVE MY PROBLEMS, not BRING ME DOWN WITH YOURS! Get the difference? Pick up a copy of How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Never criticize, condemn, or complain!

Good luck,
Blaise

I agree with all said above… and yes, I am American and had no idea what “CV” meant until I moved to another country.

The key to getting sales is, simply, creating a product people want to buy. Sometimes you have to try a lot of different things before something sticks. My best seller wasn’t something I even considered selling at the beginning. Two weeks is still early, so give yourself and your gigs some time to develop and get out there in the Fiverr community. Create as many gigs as you are allowed and see what works. It can be slow at the beginning, but with some patience, advice, and planning you can start making money and growing your business.

Looking at your profile, here are some gig suggestions:
-I will give you Arabic lessons
-I will translate from French to Arabic, or English to French (depending on your French skills. From an American perspective, this is really helpful since most of us don’t have the opportunity to learn French or Arabic)

Hope that helps, good luck!

Thank you Sir for all what you have said I really appreciate the time you put on reviewing my gigs . I will surly try your tips and hopefully I would be able to make some progress . Again thanks for your magnificent support .

Archived