I don't know if anybody has heard this but

ryangillam

I really hope that’s true and happens soon. I’ve just had another order from a guy who just doesn’t read anything! He always orders the wrong gig and then doesn’t answer any of my questions. I’m sick of cancelling because it’s affecting me but there’s only so much that I can do!

thecreativeguys said: We need a feature like it! The problem is that can decline the income for fiverr, as fiverr generates a dollar for each user who purchases a gig (as we know) so fiverr wants to make it really really easy for the buyer to buy a gig!

Eh? That is not related to this at all. It is a feature that has been designed to make it more difficult for buyers who demand the earth from ordering. This means that sellers are happier as they have to deal with fewer cancellations. Sellers can't really decline an order without some sort of 'punishment' at the moment.

Reply to @ryangillam: If I order a gig from you, I can submit details for the order - however it won’t start until we allow it to - with an option of ‘dismissing the order’ in case the buyers asks of something we can’t do or don’t want to do… something like that. - {this is your idea, correct?}

my extra:

The reason I say submit details is because, on fiverr today the order starts when your buyer submits ‘the details’ however some times buyers submit one word and then ignores us. Thats why I would want them to submit the details before the actual order starts?

This is my plan. Feature I want.

Guest luna_dreamer07

Additional protection against troublesome buyers would be an immense plus. I’ve had buyers read through my Gigs, tell me ‘you’re free to do whatever you want’, then want to cancel because me using my freedom wasn’t what they wanted. Levels are great but they’re like Jenga block towers. With enough people thinking it’s fun to pull them apart, your tower quickly falls.

Actually a feature like this wouldn’t hurt fiverr’s revenue depending on how implimented.

If a buyer buys…

…and THEN seller can reject.

The buyer gets a fiverr credit. Fiverr holds $5 per gig, makes the vig on the time decay/arbitrage. And eventually makes a sale with someone else.

Archived