Fiverr Community Forum

I don't know if I should block or not

I’ve been selling for about a month now, and I’ve been doing really well! I have a few regulars who come back, and one such regular is someone that I don’t mind working with, but I’m considering blocking them. I just wanted to ask the forum to see if this is a step I should take, as I feel bad, but at the same time, I don’t think that I can keep providing services for this customer in good conscience.

More information: They are a micro manager, or as close as you can get to that in writing. They provide me with a lot of information, but at the same time, it’s almost too much, where they state almost word for word what they want. I can do that a couple of times, but after three or four times I’ve started to grow tired of it (as it’s all the same thing over and over again each order I send them). For more context, I write stories, and they send an outline of what they want nearly word for word. When I tried to change it up a bit, since I didn’t think I could give my best work simply following along to what they wanted, we fell into an argument over it, as it wasn’t exactly in accordance to the outline. But they were such minor details that I didn’t think it should matter. But I took responsibility for it and made sure that they got all of the revisions they needed.

However I do not think that I can continue providing my services to them, and in order to prevent them from just simply placing an order, I’m considering blocking them. I feel bad, of course, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any other solutions? As I’m scared that they’ll leave negative reviews on my page, and I am also concerned as to their age. They claim to be an adult, but the demeanor and the outlines they give me lead me to believe that they are much, much younger (I believe somewhere around 11-12).

Please help!

3 Likes

If you don’t like working with them for whatever reason, you should politely inform them, making sure there’s no room for if/and/buts, and then block them. (Using the mobile app so they can’t order out of the blue).

Alternatively you could raise your prices, chances are they will leave all the same and you can start working with new and better clients.

4 Likes

Why is everyone afraid to stand up against bullies “in case they give me a bad review?”

That’s nuts.

You are being bullied.

Block them NOW!!!

Be done with it and move on.

1 Like

Been there… just block them, don’t think twice about it.

2 Likes

I’ve learned from my almost 5 months experience here on Fiverr that you should never feel bad about blocking someone who’s not pleasant to work with.

Inner peace is priceless and you should never allow anyone to ruin it or take it away from you.

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes, do not hesitate to block someone that you feel you should block.

You could also ask them politely and tell them that they are telling you word by word.

This is your choice though. Do what you think is best.

One of the wisest statements published on this forum.

If you don’t want to work with someone for whatever reason, you don’t have to. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

Just block, they won’t be able to order anymore

If the last decade has taught me anything, for good or evil you can choose who you sell your services to.

Block. This will DRAIN you.