I fear I've been scammed

bethanykachura

So, today I requested an illustration for a book cover. I chose an illustrator based on the example illustrations on her profile, which looked really beautiful. I submitted an order, paid, and gave her all the details, and she confirmed.
Then I showed my husband her profile and he said it was odd that her style seems to be different in each illustration. Also, She also only has 1 review (I know, I should have taken this as a red flag!) I asked her directly if the work on her profile was her own, and she said yes. I did a Google image search and discovered none of those illustrations are actually by her.
She has already said she will create sketches and send them to me for my approval, then proceed to a colour illustration.
I’m not sure what to do as I know she lied to me about the work on her profile being her own. Maybe she is just trying to get starting and so told this lie for an initial leg up, and the final work will be good, in which case I’d be willing to give her a chance. But given that she has already deceived me, I really don’t know what the quality of the work will be, or if it will manifest at all.
What do you think I should do? If her work is poor quality will fiverr allow me to have my money back?

So, today I requested an illustration for a book cover. I chose an illustrator based on the example illustrations on her profile, which looked really beautiful. I submitted an order, paid, and gave her all the details, and she confirmed.

Then I showed my husband her profile and he said it was odd that her style seems to be different in each illustration. Also, She also only has 1 review (I know, I should have taken this as a red flag!) I asked her directly if the work on her profile was her own, and she said yes. I did a Google image search and discovered none of those illustrations are actually by her.

She has already said she will create sketches and send them to me for my approval, then proceed to a colour illustration.

I’m not sure what to do as I know she lied to me about the work on her profile being her own. Maybe she is just trying to get starting and so told this lie for an initial leg up, and the final work will be good, in which case I’d be willing to give her a chance. But given that she has already deceived me, I really don’t know what the quality of the work will be, or if it will manifest at all.

What do you think I should do? If her work is poor quality will fiverr allow me to have my money back?

asked her directly if the work on her profile was her own, and she said yes. I did a Google image search and discovered none of those illustrations are actually by her.

Check this out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360048873834-How-do-I-cancel-my-order-and-get-my-funds-back

Archived