I feel cheated by fiverr, :-( Here's why

thepeakdesign

Should I say I am unfortunate to be a Nigerian?

As unfair as it sounds, that is how I feel.

I was asked to verify my fiverr account and it happens that the paper format of the national identification card is all I have, I have been expecting the plastic card version that is widely accepted but I still haven’t gotten it since the past 4 years or there about.

Now my seller account has been blocked and I cannot withdraw the little fund I’ve managed to earn over the time

I even had an active gig of 115 dollar with a client but he cancelled because I couldn’t deliver his work

I’ve contacted the fiverr support team about 2 times, they still haven’t answered me

I shouldn’t have to pay the price for my country’s incompetent system

A system that couldn’t provide ordinary plastic cards

Please at least let me withdraw the little I have earned even if i will not be able to continue working as a freelancer on fiverr, let me at least withdraw my money

That’s a shame, I wish something can be done to fasten the process

As far as I heard regarding the ID verification. Fiverr gave options of IDs to be accepted. Passport, driver’s license and government issued ID.

So you must have one to verify your account and so many sellers contacted CS for this kinda situation and CS only tell them the same thing, to verify their account with any of the acceptable IDs.

Try to make one. As for your case. Getting a driver’s license might be easier and faster than the others like passports or national ID card.

Hello, Now am really scared, because i have exactly, this same Issue, i have contacted support, and here is the message i sent them, #copied.

Dear Fiverr,

thank you so much for providing this platform which has enabled individuals like me to be able to earn an income, I appreciate.

Recently I was asked to verify my identity, and I submitted my paper National ID card and took a selfie too, but this morning I got a notification that my verification failed because my credentials were not supported.

**Dear Fiverr, I want to let you know that in Nigeria, the Government has stopped printing and issuing plastic ID cards, this is because they have been planning to replace it with what they call “e-national ID” **

not only that, all who applied for their Plastic National ID card since 2015 are yet to receive it.

for verification on what I just said above, please kindly refer to this press release and also the official website of The Nigerian National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)

https://allafrica.com/stories/202008140109.html AND https://www.nimc.gov.ng/the-e-id-card/

Dear Fiverr, with your request, I will provide my Original West African Certificate Examination Certificate, I will provide my stamped local Government of Origin, My birth Certificate, My petroleum Engineering Certificate, and any other thing that you may require. I do not own a car neither have I travelled out of Nigeria, so I don’t have a driving license nor a passport.

Dear Fiverr, please review my case, the situation in my country is tough and earning a living is really hard, please, I will do anything in power, to ensure I keep my Fiverr account alive while corporating with your requirements

Thank so reading through, I am looking forward to your response soon, Best wishes.

am crying to the community now give me a suggestion or anything else I could do while I await CS response, its not easy to earn a dime. Good people, please talk to me.

I hope your issue will be solved rather sooner than later. Perhaps you could try and get that NIMC to write to Fiverr on behalf of the affected Fiverr sellers from your country if they are the ones that cause this situation, for maybe a quicker reaction, interim solution, or something.

I hope your issue will be solved rather sooner than later. Perhaps you could try and get that NIMC to write to Fiverr on behalf of the affected Fiverr sellers from your country if they are the ones that cause this situation, for maybe a quicker reaction, interim solution, or something.

Lol, you just cracked a funny joke 😂 this government literally gives no shite about anybody and they pretty much do not care if their decisions affect anybody negatively or not.

The sad thing is if we go in mass to solicit for them to intervene and probably write to fiverr on our behalf, they will probably ask individual person to pay way more that we’ve worked for while on fiverr, the system is that bad around here

So I guess it’s up to fiverr to just do something to help us

If that is so, maybe better try Fiverr’s Twitter, or a direct email if you have only tried via ticket so far but you might just have to “wait in line” like apparently most people have to at the moment. Best of luck in any case, it’s indeed an unlucky situation.

Thank you so much Miila for your swift response and interest in my case, well i listened to your suggestion and i acted.

however, the Two Phone numbers provided by NIMC in their support page is unavailable, you can visit and dial the numbers for yourself.

but that not withstanding, i messaged them, through their official email address,
and i provided the paper ID card they gave, and added extra documents, like local Government of Origin, and West African Exam certificate. while calling on them for help. i do hope they respond.

Thank you so much Miila for your swift response and interest in my case, well i listened to your suggestion and i acted.

however, the Two Phone numbers provided by NIMC in their support page is unavailable, you can visit and dial the numbers for yourself.

but that not withstanding, i messaged them, through their official email address,

and i provided the paper ID card they gave, and added extra documents, like local Government of Origin, and West African Exam certificate. while calling on them for help. i do hope they respond.

I hope so too, and that it will lead to a good solution. I can imagine how nerve-wracking this situation is. 🍀

Fiverr has replied, they restated the fact that only the 3 documents could be used for verifications, however, on a closer look, the reply looks more automated and generic.
honestly, I don’t think the body of my message was read at all by the person who replied the message.

i don’t know what to do now, it seems in few days time i will be out. should i contact them again?

@miiila what do you think?

The cost of getting a drivers license is high the same as getting a Passport, i cant afford that at all! more so Nigeria is in deep crisis right now, a lot of protest in the street, too many things.

Exactly brother, even if I decide to borrow money to get either the drivers license or passport which no one will borrow me, I’d probably end up paying it back with what I wanna withdraw on fiverr and I’d be left with nothing

So what’s the point?

Fiverr has replied, they restated the fact that only the 3 documents could be used for verifications, however, on a closer look, the reply looks more automated and generic.

honestly, I don’t think the body of my message was read at all by the person who replied the message.

i don’t know what to do now, it seems in few days time i will be out. should i contact them again?

@miiila what do you think?

Really sorry to hear that. I don’t think anyone is waiting for their national plastic IDs since 2015 here, that’s really incomprehensible … but I know that since Covid, all these things take far longer here too, I’m glad I have valid ID.

I guess if you’d be out anyway, there’s not much harm in trying again;

perhaps you could ask if a team lead could take a look due to the special situation with plastic ID cards in your country, although I don’t know if it makes any sense, if they insist of one of 3 documents you can’t get them;

perhaps you could at least ask them if they can “conserve” your account as it is until your government will manage to issue you an ID card, that is, if you already have reviews that you’d lose;

else, apart from that and maybe appealing to their Twitter and sending the link with official info that the government is being tardy on issuing the IDs to people who applied, I fear I’m out of ideas. Do you have some kind of receipt that you applied for one that you could show them? But I guess if you have, you already did that…

Best of luck.

Archived