I feel like I am new to everything!

Hello… doers? Is there a customary greeting here, like how to refer to the people of Fiverr? Fiverrites? Fivinians??

Haha. Ok. Anyways. I’m here :slight_smile:

About me: I have not been in the workforce for a long time. I don’t have a resume, work history, or much formal education beyond high school. I’ve read a lot of books. I don’t think I can add that to my education on Fiverr, though. I’ve been shy about making a picture for this site, but I’m guessing the cartoon I used is not going to get me the most gigs.

I figured I might as well go ahead and start with all of the things working against me :slight_smile: I’m trying to be realistic, here.

What do I like to do? I love to research. I have my own research that I do when writing articles. Those articles will likely pay me someday, but I can’t just spend all of my time working on that since I need to make money in the meantime. My writing style is relatively minimalistic. “Just the facts” so I don’t think I’m the best for copywriting. Articles that summarize research? Yes, I can do that!

Hmm… I’m rambling and nervous because I’m trying to start a new life after being on the streets for a long time. I’ve been blogging for the past eight months. I started with the intention of learning how to write “professionally.” That has been an excellent experience to get me used to writing, HTML, markdown. I have a subscription to Grammarly now, also.

It will feel good some months down the line where I can approach an opportunity for work and say: “Oh yes, I’ve been working freelance for some time, and I have this experience and that experience.” Right now I feel like I have nothing! But I love to read, and research, and organize information. I’ve spent all day doing that sort of thing for the past nine months over on Steemit. I love cryptocurrency, but blogging for steem is probably not a career opportunity, for me. I am looking forward to earning some residual income from Hubpages someday, though.

Ok. I’m going to stop rambling, now. Thank You!

Welcome… You have many skills to exceed in market in writings. Go for it boy :slight_smile:

Good Luck

You check my Tips : Hey guys, I’m a total newbie here
:slight_smile:

Welcome. Take time to read through the forum. There is a wealth of information here.
Best wishes for your success! :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to Fiverr David!