I feel like I am new to everything!

daviddoer

Hello… doers? Is there a customary greeting here, like how to refer to the people of Fiverr? Fiverrites? Fivinians??

Haha. Ok. Anyways. I’m here 🙂

About me: I have not been in the workforce for a long time. I don’t have a resume, work history, or much formal education beyond high school. I’ve read a lot of books. I don’t think I can add that to my education on Fiverr, though. I’ve been shy about making a picture for this site, but I’m guessing the cartoon I used is not going to get me the most gigs.

I figured I might as well go ahead and start with all of the things working against me 🙂 I’m trying to be realistic, here.

What do I like to do? I love to research. I have my own research that I do when writing articles. Those articles will likely pay me someday, but I can’t just spend all of my time working on that since I need to make money in the meantime. My writing style is relatively minimalistic. “Just the facts” so I don’t think I’m the best for copywriting. Articles that summarize research? Yes, I can do that!

Hmm… I’m rambling and nervous because I’m trying to start a new life after being on the streets for a long time. I’ve been blogging for the past eight months. I started with the intention of learning how to write “professionally.” That has been an excellent experience to get me used to writing, HTML, markdown. I have a subscription to Grammarly now, also.

It will feel good some months down the line where I can approach an opportunity for work and say: “Oh yes, I’ve been working freelance for some time, and I have this experience and that experience.” Right now I feel like I have nothing! But I love to read, and research, and organize information. I’ve spent all day doing that sort of thing for the past nine months over on Steemit. I love cryptocurrency, but blogging for steem is probably not a career opportunity, for me. I am looking forward to earning some residual income from Hubpages someday, though.

Ok. I’m going to stop rambling, now. Thank You!

Archived