I get tons of impressions and views, but no orders. why?

nogash02

i have a gig, in which I draw people by picture. I added it just a few days ago, with quality pictures, a good description and cheap extras.

at the moment, I have about 600 impressions and 100 views, and 7 clicks, but 0 orders. I have advertised myself in all the ways I know-

I posted all over my social medias

I drew some famous people so they retweeted me

I told everyone

Even my mom got so proud, she posted me on HER facebook.

but I still have 0 orders. how do I get people to buy it?

Perhaps you should put more examples of your work on your fiverr page. People like to see what you can do. Also, I think you could have a better description for your gig; the word ‘simplistic’ to me is not a very positive word; you could use a more positive adjective.

Hello buddy!

I think that you have bad portfolio pic.
Sorry but this way has no chance.

First of all change portfolio pics. - Share in your gigs portfolio pictures like “before/after”. People want to see what did you draw from this - to this.

I create gigs - and earn 500$ in 15 days. Why? Because I learn how to sell the best of the best. I find their weaknesses and suggest something better.

Just analyzes the best. try to be better than the best.

Hi buddy!
Fiverr has an amazing option of uploading pdf files directly to your gig, you can also put a safe link to your linkedin profile and show all your works there. Also consider the fact that not a lot of people would pay every day to have a drawing of their faces, you should encourage them by telling them that it can be used as a gift for someone (mother of father or teacher…) this will also help your gig to be posted on Fiverr’s special pages for special days (father’s day, 1st of september 8th of march) they change the sliders during those holidays. Also, you can start selling and shipping already printed photos which will be more fun and profitable, you will also get shipping experience in case you want to start your own website and sell printed posters online.

Best Regards
Hovik

Hi,

@accountbank Hovik has great tips but I definitely recommended you follow:

accountbank said: telling them that it can be used as a gift for someone (mother of father or teacher...) this will also help your gig to be posted on Fiverr's special pages for special days (father's day, 1st of september 8th of march)

Tell them this can be used as a “Gift” or for Profile Pic, maybe put that in the Gig Title?

Print one, give it to your Mom, post her happy Facebook post and upload that as a sample?!

Cheers,
FiverGraphics5

Reply to @accountbank: I don’t think i could print and ship drawings, sine I live in Israel and I believe the majority of the users here on Fiverr are from the U.S, and other countries far away. I believe a printed drawing sent to America today will arrive about a month later and that’s kind of a bummer, to wait so long for a drawing.

Plus, I just now checked. sending a 25 gram letter to the U.S. will cost me 67 shekels, which is about 17$. You can see it really doesn’t pay off since the basic gig order is 5$.

A few things…good for you for trying to make some extra money but a few tips as you enter this adult world…

Take out “teen”, people want to buy from someone they feel is professional. instead simply say, you have 3 years painting experience or whatever training you have. (how old are you anyway, can you even be on here selling, how would you get paid being a teen?)

Also, leave out that you use an iPad. I think anyone who knows about graphics wants to believe that the work is being done in Photoshop or Illustrator, so just say what kind of file they will get, for example a 72 dpi, JPEG file or whatever resolution you will give them.

I agree remove any word “simplistic” and make your title pop like some others with better words. Then add more samples, either two on a page, and also include a before/after so people can get some idea of your accuracy.

Also, check out the competition. It’s a big marketing world out there, need to see how you stack up. Look at gig descriptions, profile write ups and sample photos. There are a ton of graphic/cartoon character drawings, go search and look through them. SEe what kind of videos other sellers are using to help determine if that would be an asset to you. I think some of these other things I am sharing are also effecting you.

good luck to you.

Reply to @sincere18: I’m just 13… I’m basically just selling my paintings so I can buy myself audiobooks. but I think if I make like 500$ like people here said they make, I would buy myself a better computer and donate to charity, I guess 🙂
I’m getting paid through my dad’s paypal account (eek makes me feel like an 8 year old using her mom’s credit card)
I don’t know about files, but I guess I could find out which ones I provide.
I removed the word simplistic, now the title is “Draw you in my colorful and fun style” and the description is "I will draw you in my fun, simple and colorful style"
also I think my gig is better than other drawing gigs. I saw these kind of people charge 25$ and 10 days for a full color photo, that’s insane! mine sells for 3 days and 5$ in full color.

Reply to @nogash02: Wow, only 13. Yes, you do have to have your Dad authorize you to do it, because you are too young to have paypal.

I think it’s good that a kid is trying to figure out some ways to earn extra money. You just have to be aware that you are jumping into the big adult world of marketing.

Also, here in the US the dollar sign goes in front of the number not after, be sure to change that anywhere.

As for what files you are sending people, just email yourself one of your creations and see what kind of file it says in the attachment. I suspect it’s either a .png or .jpeg. You can also just google: program name file type and you should get some answers that way too.

Reply to @nogash02: a few last notes…I looked at your gig, the titel and write up are much better. Good job on that.

I would just take out the word “email” as you don’t need to say that because all work is delivered through the Fiverr message system. Also it is against the Terms of Use to contact anyone outside of Fiverr, so unless someone needs that information for the gig itself (like someone is making a resume so they of course need that persons name and phone number) so if anyone tries to do that, always jsut say politely no.

And switch the dollar signs like I mentioned above.

Maybe just add a line to your profile like this…have you ever taken an art class?

Israeli with a passion for art, especially painting and acting. I have been taking art classes for 3 years.

One last suggestion and then I think you are pretty good to just sit back and let it take you where it takes you. I suspect maybe you can earn a few bucks over time. But I would highly suggest you have one of your samples have a before and after. Show the photo and then the final piece, because no one really knows if you are any good in terms of accuracy. (but pick a baby or adult, not yourself as I assume your logo is you so you kind of want to not share you are 13) Also, I think because you do offer an extra with backgrounds, consider having one sample should have a background in it. Maybe ask an Aunt or Uncle or another relative (not anyone in your household since you are connected to your parents account) to place an order for you and do up one with a background, and then once you do that, when you go to deliver the work, you can check off something to add it to your portfolio automatically (however the buyer can uncheck it if they do not want their work shown so don’t be upset if people choose tht )

You may also want to consider adding a note under the bullet points at the end just saying, If you have any questions please message me before ordering.

Well, that’s it good luck to you. There are some savvy 13 years olds out there. Have you ever seen the kids on the TV show Shark Tank now and then? Have fun.

How can i give examples of my work on fiverr? I prepare Astrology / Numerology / spiritual healing reports (which can be anywhere from 15 to 30 pages long). Furthermore, my clients seek privacy and do not approve of their personal readings to be put online in portfolio. How do i go about it then?

I am also fed up with the fact that everyone here wants advanced mystical / astrological services for only $5 and do not respect the time, effort, knowledge and hard work i put in for hours for each report. I find this $5 base price for each gig an exploitation of my services on here.

Reply to @faridjilani: For that type of a situation you cannot. You just need to have good photos that describe what you do and maybe even a video. Just go look at other sellers gigs. For the type of service you offer, buyers for those gigs are going to want to simply “connect” to you and get a sense of your energy. So what you write in your profile and your gigs and photos you use will all draw people in.

Reply to @faridjilani: But that is what Fiverr is for. Hence the name Fiverr. It may not be th kind of platform for your type of service. It started years ago, people doing this ‘on the side’ kind of thing. they sold all crazy fun stuff, now it’s turned into more of a busienss site. But there is a tactic to it. What you have to do is figure out a base item you can do fairly easily for $5 and then have “gig extras” to increase the value.

But even that, depending on the nature of your work and how you want to work, this may or may not be a good venue for you. It works well for some people and some types of services, but not for everyone.

Just go look through the Lifestyle, astrology section and you will see what type of high rated gigs there are, one question type of gigs, but then if you look each of those healers offer more services in their “extras”

favicon.icoFiverr.com fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Online Astrology & Fortune Telling Services | Fiverr

Affordable Online Astrology & Fortune Telling Services from astrology freelance experts

@sincere thank you for your reply. this is a highly underpaid platform and not just mild but severe exploitation of the kind of work i do. i am also aware there are many amateurs and not so professionally trained people who claim to be astrologers and healers here. this is why maybe some of them can give absolutely cheap services at cheap prices with generic reports, copy pasted off the webs. I tried all the extras and custom offers which you have mentionoed, but it has not worked for more. Every single person has told me they cant afford more then 5 dollars or they cant afford at all.

My conclusion is this so far: This platform is not for a person like me who is an Advanced Practitioner of Occult Sciences / Vedic Astrology. On here, I do not even get paid 1/50th of the price for a number of my services…that i offer outside fivver.

Can anyone suggest where else i can go for a better platform to work on?

Reply to @faridjilani: You have complained and complained on these forums. I agree with @sincere18 that this may not be the kind of platform for you. If you disagree with it so very much, just search Google for Fiverr alternatives or Fiverr clones and move on. There is really no need for the complaints that are now becoming as plentiful as your regular spam. You have posted many ads about your services as well, so apparently you find something worth sticking around. If you do, stay and stop with all the complaints. If you don’t, move. Sorry, but I’m really tired of reading your posts.

Hello,

@nogash02 I agree that updates and continuous promotion helps, and I especially agree that you should give it time. But I do think you have to sell what you can a bit better. Not many people just randomly need a picture of themselves drawn, but maybe many people need children’s book illustrated or animated pictures for marketing purposes. You get my point?

@faridjilani Hey, whatever works for you, but I just want to say that I am a certified professional business coach with bachelors in Management and 2 years of experience and Fiverr has been one of the best lead generation platform for my business. I provide a lot of value for $5 initially and then I have even more value to provide, so people return and pay more. What I’m saying is that there may be a way for you to utilize Fiverr’s huge client base.

Best,
Maya

Archived