I got a bad review, what to do now?

mohsin101010

So Everything was going perfect, all buyers were happy with my services, but then he ordered my gig and after starting order, started asking me to do the work which was never in the scope of the order.
And he ended the order today by giving me a 1-star rating.
Please tell me what to do now? Will I get the orders in future?

Maybe.The remarks of the buyer are quite specific, but my guess is that he is this one:

Please help me.My buyer is asking for the work which I told him that I will not do and he was ok with that before ordering the gig.Now he is asking me to do it, I cannot cancel this order because this is the first big project I have and if I go ahead and deliver it without doing that work, he is asking.HE WILL GIVE ME A BAD REVIEW.Which will destroy the profile since I am a new seller and don’t have many reviews.I would have done this if I would know how to do it.PLEASE HELP ME, TELL ME WHAT TO…

You can leave a reply to that review to show your side of the story. Possibly detailed.

I am sorry to hear that, @mohsin101010. Your encounter is typical as many other sellers have similar experiences. There are always different sides to the story so respond to the review with yours in a professional manner. If you need help, PM me.

No one really knows for sure how a negative review will affect your sales, but many agree that the way you handle it will.

Take care.

I am sorry to hear that, @mohsin101010. Your encounter is typical as many other sellers have similar experiences. There are always different sides to the story so respond to the review with yours in a professional manner. If you need help, PM me.

No one really knows for sure how a negative review will affect your sales, but many agree that the way you handle it will.

Take care.

If you need help, PM me.

That’s very very nice of you.I have replied to the review.Do you want to check it and then tell if my reply is right or wrong?

Maybe.The remarks of the buyer are quite specific, but my guess is that he is this one:

Please help me.My buyer is asking for the work which I told him that I will not do and he was ok with that before ordering the gig.Now he is asking me to do it, I cannot cancel this order because this is the first big project I have and if I go ahead and deliver it without doing that work, he is asking.HE WILL GIVE ME A BAD REVIEW.Which will destroy the profile since I am a new seller and don’t have many reviews.I would have done this if I would know how to do it.PLEASE HELP ME, TELL ME WHAT TO…

You can leave a reply to that review to show your side of the story. Possibly detailed.

I have replied.But there is 300 characters limit.So I was unable to tell the whole story.

Yeah, you got that right.I am talking about the same buyer.

The silver lining, so to say, is in two fragments of the review.

The first is:

Good work

The second:

Quoted me more than I wanted to spend

implies that he wanted to spend less, not that you overcharged.

It’s an unfortunate episode, but not irrecoverable.

The silver lining, so to say, is in two fragments of the review.

The first is:

Good work

The second:

Quoted me more than I wanted to spend

implies that he wanted to spend less, not that you overcharged.

It’s an unfortunate episode, but not irrecoverable.

Yeah, but he wrote that I want ask for more money for anything and everything, which is obviously totally wrong.I think that line is going to hurt my profile.

Yeah, but he wrote that I want ask for more money for anything and everything, which is obviously totally wrong.I think that line is going to hurt my profile.

As long as you explain carefully everything to the potential buyer, you’re in the clear.

As a buyer I would trust you.

Almost every regular Fiverr seller faces situation like this at-least 2-3 times per 1000 sales; As per my experience, the best solution is to cancel the order with help of CS without thinking about money. But as a new seller, it’s really disappointing. CS never going to help as per my experience. Just keep up good work and everything will be normalized.

Almost every regular Fiverr seller faces situation like this at-least 2-3 times per 1000 sales; As per my experience, the best solution is to cancel the order with help of CS without thinking about money. But as a new seller, it’s really disappointing. CS never going to help as per my experience. Just keep up good work and everything will be normalized.

Just keep up good work and everything will be normalized.

I hope it will.

the best solution is to cancel the order with help of CS without thinking about money

Thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 years later...

Yeah it’s happen with me today my client gave me 1.7 rating which I was not expecting . I did great job but my client was refusing me according to his behavior . I did professional work but I am 200% sure as a medical professional if someone check my job which I did in content writing(mental health) he will support me . I don’t know my client was saying to me you are using tough english then I again rewrite for him in easy english then same thing.
Anyone kindly help.
Now I am worrying about reputation. I am thinking I have to leave fiverr .
You do great job and end result 1.7.

Archived