I got a false warning from Fiverr, why did this happen and what should I do?

barbaraschum

Question

Hello everyone,

today a client texted me and told me that there was a project he would like me to work on. Then, he sent me his phone number and told me to contact him on Whatsapp, where he would “send me all of the materials for the project.”
After he asked me to contact him outside of Fiverr, I reported him to Fiverr. And 20 minutes later, I get a message from the Fiverr Team saying that I got my first warning for “requesting a buyer to communicate outside of the Fiverr platform.” This is clearly a mistake because it was not me who requested to communicate outside of Fiverr, it was the buyer! And I naively thought that reporting him to Fiverr would be the right thing to do, but instead, I wrongfully get a warning.
I sent a message to the Fiverr support team but they haven’t answered yet.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Will the Fiverr team remove my warning after they realize they were wrong?
Also, will this warning affect my profile in any way?
I am really frustrated as it has taken me a very long time (1 year) to start getting orders, and now people finally began buying services from me which I was very happy about, and then this happens. I’m worried that this warning will somehow negatively affect my profile. I am also worried that if it’s this easy to get a false warning, they might give me another false warning and ban my profile in the future.

If anyone has any experiences with the same issue, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

• Like 10

6 answers to this question

That was really a weird situation. Hope Fiverr should do something about it.

I had a warning received in a similar fashion, I reported a dude that was self promoting and forcing me to buy his service. I reported and got a warning. Got to customer support, and they solved the issue for me. Of course, it also depends on what the OP did, if he did say ok, I will call you or stuff like that, then he agreed to work outside the platform. So it depends quite a bit.

• Like 2

Greetings,

How is the situation now?

I just got my second warning today because a client of mine wanted to pay me outside the platform. He is new and apparently did not know about the built-in system. I just told him to pay me on Fiverr but the moment the message was sent, my account got demoted and gig denied.

At first, I thought my first warning was a coincidence since I did nothing against the Fiverr policy. But now I know that sometimes even mentioning the word 'pay' or any other e-wallet can trigger a warning against your account.

Stay alert and do not make the same mistakes as me!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, violet_00 said:

Stay alert and do not make the same mistakes as me!

If you didn't do anything wrong and just said to "pay me on Fiverr" (rather than some off-Fiverr method) then can't you contact CS and see if you can get the warning removed (since it was given when you didn't violate any rule)? But in future yes it would be best to avoid that word (it does give an on-screen warning if you type that in.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2