I got a flagged message

fcollado

Hi, have a great day! I got a flagged message with an user. He was asking me to give my email address because it was something needed by his system, I told him that:

"I will be able to send you the email address as soon we start an order, this is because, according to the Terms of Service of the site:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

So, I will be online ready to work in about 8 hours, contact me if you are interested and I will start working for you"

The problem is that this message got flagged, is this will cause problems to my account? I was just trying to quote the TOS page and, I assumed my message was correct.

Francisco Collado

Hi, have a great day! I got a flagged message with an user. He was asking me to give my email address because it was something needed by his system, I told him that:

"I will be able to send you the email address as soon we start an order, this is because, according to the Terms of Service of the site:

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.

So, I will be online ready to work in about 8 hours, contact me if you are interested and I will start working for you"

The problem is that this message got flagged, is this will cause problems to my account? I was just trying to quote the TOS page and, I assumed my message was correct.

Francisco Collado

You cannot give out your email address so that’s why it was flagged.

"I will be able to send you the email address as soon we start an order

Even after reading the TOS and quoting it you still offered to give it out? Why?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Yes, but according to the TOS of Fiverr “Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.” and, according to the user, my email was necessary.

Yes, but according to the TOS of Fiverr “Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.” and, according to the user, my email was necessary.

They did not mean it’s ok to give out your email address. They meant you have to keep ALL MESSAGES you ever send them on the order page and no you cannot communicate ever by email for any reason.

Never give out your email address or you will probably get your account banned.

They did not mean it’s ok to give out your email address. They meant you have to keep ALL MESSAGES you ever send them on the order page and no you cannot communicate ever by email for any reason.

Never give out your email address or you will probably get your account banned.

Thea idea was not to communicate by email address, that’s why the Fiverr platform exist. I sent a ticket and I will see, but I am a bit worried since I just tried to follow the TOS rules with that.

I had a message get flagged once for including the phrase “work outside of Fiverr.” It was basically just a casual conversation I was having with a repeat buyer and had nothing to do with subverting Fiverr, but it scared me half to death. 😰 A couple hours later, the conversation with the buyer had a green banner across it, saying everything was good to go.

You should be fine! They just need to clarify your intentions.

I had a message get flagged once for including the phrase “work outside of Fiverr.” It was basically just a casual conversation I was having with a repeat buyer and had nothing to do with subverting Fiverr, but it scared me half to death. 😰 A couple hours later, the conversation with the buyer had a green banner across it, saying everything was good to go.

You should be fine! They just need to clarify your intentions.

Yes, everything should be fine, I am just scared. I will try to sleep and see in the morning the results. Finger crossed. 🙂

Archived