I got a response for the topic : I made an account for my child voiceover and suddenly my current old account was disabled

dodiiii1980

Hi
I just got a response from fiverr customer support
Here it is
Andre (Fiverr Customer Support)

Jul 21, 2020, 6:42 PM EDT

Hi Dalia,

We apologize for the delay in our response and thank you for your patience. As stated in our Terms of Service, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community is disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts.

As a result, your account has been reviewed by our Trust & Safety team, and permanently disabled. Please refer to this link outlining our Terms of Service.

I don’t make any mistake and the two accounts was one for me and the other for My son

I am a woman and he is s boy

Why fiverr disabled me
I am working there 7 years ago

Why they didn’t just listen to us

I told them the whole story and they not even listen

I have 2500 orders and 5 stars feedback

Is they any boss or manager to contact

To help me

But as a valued seller here I expected someone that can listen like all the customer service all over the world . Paypal And upwork for example
There they can understand reasons and take decisions depending on the situation

They listen to someone here who violates Tos and restore his account

Why they didn’t help me too

Hi

Here it is

Hi Dalia,

We apologize for the delay in our response and thank you for your patience. As stated in our Terms of Service, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Fiverr community is disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts.

As a result, your account has been reviewed by our Trust & Safety team, and permanently disabled. Please refer to this link outlining our Terms of Service.

I don’t make any mistake and the two accounts was one for me and the other for My son

Why fiverr disabled me

To help me

That equals two accounts in the same household – which Fiverr sees as one person with two accounts. This is against the Fiverr Terms of Service, and Fiverr was well within their rights to take the action that they did. You are not entitled to break the rules – which are clearly noted in the TOS for anyone to read.

I would imagine they don’t have the time to listen to someone try to convince them that they want to break the rules. You cannot have two accounts. One for you and one for your son is two accounts.

But as a valued seller here

Unfortunately, Fiverr does not value users who intentionally break the rules.

Fiverr does not have to restore your account, if they choose not to do so. This is their website; they set the rules. You broke the rules, as Andre from Customer Support told you, and you have experienced the consequences. There are consequences for those who willfully break the rules.

But as a valued seller here I expected someone that can listen like all the customer service all over the world . Paypal And upwork for example

There they can understand reasons and take decisions depending on the situation

Why they didn’t help me too

Being valued doesn’t mean you can break the rules without consequence. This is the consequence. If Fiverr didn’t do it this way they’d have a heck of a lot of risk and administration to deal with. Read the rules first and follow them and then this won’t happen.

How old is your son? Couldn’t he create his own account? Did you attach your PayPal/payoneer to his account? Was he going to offer the same services as you are?

No he is twelve

Also it was a gig for voice over

I am a translator and i am a woman

No he is twelve

No he is twelve

So here is the thing: if he is twelve then he will have to use your payment provider and that means that your payment method attached to 2 accounts and that’s what not allowed.

The easier way would’ve been to create a voiceover gig under your profile.

I doubt that fiverr will give your account back in this case.

That equals two accounts in the same household – which Fiverr sees as one person with two accounts. This is against the Fiverr Terms of Service, and Fiverr was well within their rights to take the action that they did. You are not entitled to break the rules – which are clearly noted in the TOS for anyone to read.

I would imagine they don’t have the time to listen to someone try to convince them that they want to break the rules. You cannot have two accounts. One for you and one for your son is two accounts.

Fiverr does not have to restore your account, if they choose not to do so. This is their website; they set the rules. You broke the rules, as Andre from Customer Support told you, and you have experienced the consequences. There are consequences for those who willfully break the rules.

I know all this

But i just ask for some consideration

It is my career 7 years ago

And i am number one in the arabic translations field with the most number of feedback

So it was so hard for me to lose all this suddenly without any warning

Also they could remove his account and leave mine

No he is twelve

No he is twelve

It doesn’t matter whether you are a woman, and he is a boy, or whether both services are different. The problem, as Customer Support told you, is that you had two accounts – two accounts in the same household is two accounts.

Andre (CS) told you that your older account has been permanently disabled. That is your final answer. That account is gone, and will not be coming back. Please be mindful of the rules going forward, and don’t break them with the remaining account.

But i just ask for some consideration

Fiverr gave the issue consideration, and said, “no”. Your account is permanently disabled. Begging to have that account restored, after Fiverr has already made their decision, it not going to change their decision. I’m sorry to hear that that account is gone, but it was removed because you broke the rules.

That’s what I don’t understand: If they see having 2 accounts as a violation, why would they only remove one? If they believe the same person own both accounts, why just remove one?

If they choose to remove just one of the accounts, which for me is weird, why would the older account be banned and not the new one?

I’m so sorry for that happening to you and I wish they’d just ask for some sort of validation before removing your account, but as I was typing I realized we all could just have multiple accounts and if caught, claim it was someone else.

I don’t think this is your case and I wish it’d have gone differently, but I can also understand why they did it that way. Although I still think they should preferably remove both accounts, or if just one, then I feel it should be the newer account.

Moving forward, however hard it may be, just use the active account to offer both your gigs and your son’s.

Good luck

If they choose to remove just one of the accounts, which for me is weird, why would the older account be banned and not the new one?

Perhaps (my own opinion) Fiverr chose to see the new account as a “replacement” to the old one, and, removed the old one as a penalty, while encouraging the OP to abide by the rules with the “new” account. Fiverr doesn’t concern itself with who manages the account – two accounts from the same household appears to them, as if one owner has two accounts, and that is against the rules.

Perhaps Fiverr is giving the OP a chance to start over with the “new” account, while make it clear that they have to suffer the consequences of losing the first account.

That’s what I don’t understand: If they see having 2 accounts as a violation, why would they only remove one? If they believe the same person own both accounts, why just remove one?

I’m so sorry for that happening to you and I wish they’d just ask for some sort of validation before removing your account, but as I was typing I realized we all could just have multiple accounts and if caught, claim it was someone else.

I don’t think this is your case and I wish it’d have gone differently, but I can also understand why they did it that way. Although I still think they should preferably remove both accounts, or if just one, then I feel it should be the newer account.

Moving forward, however hard it may be, just use the active account to offer both your gigs and your son’s.

Good luck

Really thanks for you message

But i never expect to face that

But i will try to move forward in anther platform

Sorry for that

But i never said that they removed one

They removed both of it

I just said they could send me warnings or remove the new account

They removed both of it

Hmm. Well, then, it would appear that you are no longer able to sell anything here on Fiverr.

I just said they could send me warnings or remove the new account

Fiverr appears to have chosen to banish your entire account. That is the consequence they chose to enact. What they could have done no longer applies.

i will try to move forward in anther platform

Good luck. Make sure you are aware of the rules wherever else you work, so that this, here on Fiverr, does not happen again elsewhere.

No he is twelve

No he is twelve

This is against the ToS age limit.

This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Fiverr services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.

He can’t work for Fiverr. Because of this, his account IS yours. Thus, you had two accounts.

Hi

Here it is

Hi Dalia,

Why fiverr disabled me

To help me

other for My son

Fiverr doesn’t exactly encourage family businesses, especially if you are involved in creating gigs or other actions on your son’s account. Did you also offer voiceovers on your own account?

That equals two accounts in the same household – which Fiverr sees as one person with two accounts. This is against the Fiverr Terms of Service.

I’ve seen on Fiverr 2 people from the same household using 1 account I think (TRS). I’m sure they also allow 2 people from the household as long as they have different types of service. The mistake the OP probably made was using the same computer (and probably same windows/browser account) for her son’s account I think, as well as not checking with CS first. I don’t think there’s anything in the TOS against 2 people from the same household both using Fiverr.

What you could do is if you emailed them email them again and maybe ask to escalate the issue/ask to speak to someone else. Mention again the other account was for your son and not you.

No he is twelve

A problem with that is that the TOS says:

This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Fiverr services.

That equals two accounts in the same household – which Fiverr sees as one person with two accounts. This is against the Fiverr Terms of Service.

I’ve seen on Fiverr 2 people from the same household using 1 account I think (TRS). I’m sure they also allow 2 people from the household as long as they have different types of service. The mistake the OP probably made was using the same computer (and probably same windows/browser account) for her son’s account I think, as well as not checking with CS first. I don’t think there’s anything in the TOS against 2 people from the same household both using Fiverr.

What you could do is if you emailed them email them again and maybe ask to escalate the issue/ask to speak to someone else. Mention again the other account was for your son and not you.

No he is twelve

This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Fiverr services.

I never mentioned in his account how old is he or for cs

other for My son

Fiverr doesn’t exactly encourage family businesses, especially if you are involved in creating gigs or other actions on your son’s account. Did you also offer voiceovers on your own account?

Yes but this is for me

I am a woman

No he is twelve

This is against the ToS age limit.

This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Fiverr services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.

He can’t work for Fiverr. Because of this, his account IS yours. Thus, you had two accounts.

I never mentioned how old is he

They just disabled all of us after a minute of creating his gig

No he is twelve

Yes i did that and message them again maybe i can find some support from anyone there

Because it looked like one person with two accounts, which is a ToS violation.

For future reference, keep in mind that your son can’t work on Fiverr until he’s 13.

Yes but this is for me

I am a woman

Thought so, but this isn’t about gender, it’s about you having 2 accounts within the same household, with the same IP, probably using the same Computer and offering the same services. Nevermind the fact that your son is not allowed to work on Fiverr yet. I don’t think CS will help you, because you disregarded a lot of rules.

Thought so, but this isn’t about gender, it’s about you having 2 accounts within the same household, with the same IP, probably using the same Computer and offering the same services. Nevermind the fact that your son is not allowed to work on Fiverr yet. I don’t think CS will help you, because you disregarded a lot of rules.

In her defense, it wasn’t the same services though… she offered translation, the son offered voiceovers

Archived