I got first warning from Fiverr, What i might have done wrong?

razakhalid007

No, there has to be more to it than that.

Were you talking about that other platform with a buyer? Looks like you were trying to communicate off-site, by that message.

A buyer preferred to talk with me on his w-app and shared his number, we communicated there.

I didn’t asked about his number, but he was comfortable on w-app but we are proceeding orders on fiverr.

A buyer preferred to talk with me on his w-app and shared his number, we communicated there.

I didn’t asked about his number, but he was comfortable on w-app but we are proceeding orders on fiverr.

I can work on different platforms on the same browsers, right?

No platform should have issue with other?

That would be why then. You need to keep all communication on Fiverr.

That is the reason it seems.

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Your account is now at risk!

Check this out: Don’t do it! … You Have Been Warned! if you want to protect your account.

Okay i’ll take care next time.

Please guide me further about what to do and what to not, like which keywords i should not use in conversation, keywords like w-ap etc.

I am new to fiverr.

Read through the ToS.

Don’t talk about other freelancing platforms or places you can communicate with the buyer. You should also avoid asking for reviews or feedback - that’s not allowed either.

favicon-32x32.png.9bf640a4d851f815a8d29744fc088d9d.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.6d542e3173210e3e1884692cb049bfa5.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

If a buyer does ask you to talk to them via another platform, tell them you can’t as it’s against ToS.

Read through the ToS.

Don’t talk about other freelancing platforms or places you can communicate with the buyer. You should also avoid asking for reviews or feedback - that’s not allowed either.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

If a buyer does ask you to talk to them via another platform, tell them you can’t as it’s against ToS.

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

So nice of you.

Maybe I understood the problem, I think fiverr suspected that you wanted to arrange over the phone and then pay for the work outside of fiverr, and that way there would be no fees to pay and fiverr would not earn from the commission.

Bingo. This is a big no no on fiverr. They want all the money from clients to themselves. If you take them of the platform you are compromising their business model and taking profits of the site. If everyone did this they would effectively be wasting millions on marketing. Because they would be losing the 20% they get from your order from sales outside the platform. They bring buyers to your gig so they can get their cut. If they bring buyers to your gig for you to go outside the platform with them, then they are wasting time, money and resources for nothing.

I’m certain your intention wasn’t to do sales off fiverr but they have to strictly enforce this to avoid any risk of it happening at all. If you were fiverr you’d do the same.

Archived