I got one 4.3 review but my overall rating is still 5.0 stars

emerald_kate

Hello everyone! I always try to provide the best possible service for my clients and I am prepared for an unlimited number of revisions until the client is 100% satisfied. My last client was over the moon excited for the work that I did, we had really awesome cooperation, he even writes a good review but he left me a 4.3 rating. This is the first delivery that I did and not receive 5-star rating so I don’t know how to feel about this. I always make sure I communicate well, ask all the questions and be super nice and productive so I would make my client satisfied and avoid below 5-star ratings. This client also left me a tip but also a 4.3-star review. My question is, even after giving me this review (which is really not bad but I feel bad about it because I tried my best as I do for every order) my overall rating is still 5.0 stars. How is this possible, is this just another Fiverr bug or it will drop after evaluation? Thank you so much in advance!

A tip and a less than 5 star review is a bit unusual, but happens.

Even if one consistently delivers quality work that matches the specifications of each individual order, a sub 5 star review can still happen at any time and is bound to happen to every seller, no matter what.

It might be a case of a new buyer who thinks 4 stars is a great review and doesn’t know of the negative impact of reviews lower than 4.7 stars to a seller’s profile.

It might also be a snobby buyer who never gives 5 stars to anyone unless the seller delivers a “perfect” order, cleans their gutters, mows their lawn, and finds out what that mysterious light switch that seemingly doesn’t do anything actually does.

Sorry to hear that, I know it can make a person feel discouraged and despondent if they put their 100% in a project and even felt that their client was satisfied with them but end up getting an unexpected rating.
Don’t feel down as you have to keep in mind that some people are just overall critical in rating things; they usually don’t give anything a full 5 star rating because of their mindset.
Luckily, the rating of a seller is an overall average.

A tip and a less than 5 star review is a bit unusual, but happens.

Even if one consistently delivers quality work that matches the specifications of each individual order, a sub 5 star review can still happen at any time and is bound to happen to every seller, no matter what.

It might be a case of a new buyer who thinks 4 stars is a great review and doesn’t know of the negative impact of reviews lower than 4.7 stars to a seller’s profile.

It might also be a snobby buyer who never gives 5 stars to anyone unless the seller delivers a “perfect” order, cleans their gutters, mows their lawn, and finds out what that mysterious light switch that seemingly doesn’t do anything actually does.

That is exactly what I thought, in the chat client was amazed and overly satisfied, but I may be thought something wasn’t the way he wished so he kept it from me but expressed it in the review. But the tip is the factor that confused me. Thank you so much for this explanation, It’s actually the client who worked with another three sellers here and they got below 4 stars, so I guess I’m lucky 😃

Sorry to hear that, I know it can make a person feel discouraged and despondent if they put their 100% in a project and even felt that their client was satisfied with them but end up getting an unexpected rating.

Don’t feel down as you have to keep in mind that some people are just overall critical in rating things; they usually don’t give anything a full 5 star rating because of their mindset.

Luckily, the rating of a seller is an overall average.

Thank you mariam_15 for your kind words, it really means a lot to a relatively new seller here :hugs:

• 8 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 12:22 AM, emerald_kate said:

Hello everyone! I always try to provide the best possible service for my clients and I am prepared for an unlimited number of revisions until the client is 100% satisfied. My last client was over the moon excited for the work that I did, we had really awesome cooperation, he even writes a good review but he left me a 4.3 rating. This is the first delivery that I did and not receive 5-star rating so I don’t know how to feel about this. I always make sure I communicate well, ask all the questions and be super nice and productive so I would make my client satisfied and avoid below 5-star ratings. This client also left me a tip but also a 4.3-star review. My question is, even after giving me this review (which is really not bad but I feel bad about it because I tried my best as I do for every order) my overall rating is still 5.0 stars. How is this possible, is this just another Fiverr bug or it will drop after evaluation? Thank you so much in advance!

Same happened with me today. I just got 3 star rating with a tip first time from my client but my overall rating is still 5 Star. 

Archived