Fiverr Community Forum

I got scammed and now the seller won't cancel the gig

Hi folks

Basically I paid for a Fifa Fut champions gig on this site. I have done it many times in the past and every seller has been amazing. I decided to give a new seller a try as his prices were very competitive. In order for the sellers to complete orders they need access to your personal fifa account. So I had 1.2 million coins on fifa and I told the seller not to buy any players as I was saving and he agreed not to.

I pay for the gig and he tells me he’s going on the account. I check on the fifa app after around 30 mins and all of my coins are gone. The seller has purchased players at max prices to boost his own coins. This is fraud and is the lowest of the low. I messaged the seller and no reply and requested him to cancel the gig and he refused. So now I’m down 1.2 million coins and I have a gig sitting that says “late” when he had no intention of ever playing on my account. What can I do to get my money back and more importantly are fiverr going to do anything about my coins? 1.2 million coins is probably £150 to £200 in real money.

MOD NOTE screenshot removed I got scammed and now the seller won’t cancel the gig

5 Likes

You need to remove the name of the seller from your post.

We’re only hearing your side of the story at the moment, so it’s not fair on them.

Besides, calling out people in this way breaks forum guidelines.

5 Likes

That’s a messs ! really a big mess

1 Like

Are you serious ? It is beyond Fiverr here try to be pragmatic !

3 Likes

Apologies. This is my first time using the forum so I wasn’t sure of guidelines. However, I’m doing people a massive favour by posting his name because he will continue to scam others. I assure you this person is a thief.

1 Like

You don’t need to apologise to me.

It’s just that your post will likely get edited or taken down if you call out an individual in this way - and if that happens, you won’t receive any advice from other members.

2 Likes

You still have not read the rules have you?

6 Likes

I’m trying to delete the post to re-upload it but it says only a moderator can do that. I’ve covered the name now. I’ve tried to contact fiverr support mulpitle times about this as the account who scammed me is clearly still doing it to others.

1 Like

How long ago have you reported? CS can take something like 10 days to answer because of the pandemic.

1 Like

This was 2 days ago. I was hoping there would be a live chat to fiverr so I could have got the issue sorted quickly. 10 days to wait for a response is crazy, hopefully it doesn’t take that long.

1 Like

Sometimes it can take more than that, there is so many new users and so many new gigs because of the pandemic that they struggle.

As for your coins I think you’ll have to sort that out with the Fifa app. I don’t think Fiverr can do much, except giving you a refund on the gig and giving a warning/banning the Seller.

6 Likes

Okay. Thanks for the heads up. I have contacted EA who are the creators of the fifa app to try and get the coins back. It probably seems silly that I care about virtual coins but it takes quite a long time and effort to make the coins. That’s also why people are scamming others to steal coins.

I’m not annoyed at Fiverr it is not their fault. I am frustrated that it’s not easy to report accounts who are committing fraud without leaving a review.

3 Likes

Oh no, it’s not silly at all. Those coins cost real life money and can be quite expensive. My daughter got her Roblox account hacked and the guy emptied my bank account to buy in game money (Robux), so they could sell the account and get the real money. So I totally get why you would want those coins or the money that are worth those coins back.

4 Likes

:flushed: Ahhh, I hope you solved that! That’s a nightmare.
This is why two-factor authentication is necessary nowadays. I would attach my phone number (or Google/Microsoft Authenticator) to my bank account/your daughter’s Roblox, or get one of those free cards in your name for her.

2 Likes

Yup, it was last year, right before Christmas. Someone promised her free Robux, but told her that they needed her password to give it to her. She took the bait despite that I had told her to NEVER give away her password. She learned the lesson. I got my money back, but her account got deleted, so she had to start over. I also made sure to remove any automatic paiement method from all platforms.

2 Likes

You are talking to a person that helped a lot of people here with guidance and support.

Plus, I don’t see anything wrong if someone tells you to read the rules. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t read the rules and get banned randomly. Then they are upset and say Fiverr has something with them.

4 Likes

Oh no! My granddaughter also plays that game. I am going to tell her parents about your experience!

Edit: I just told them and my son said they use store cards.

3 Likes

Hi there @zespeeddesigner

You called for a moderator, so here I am.

I read your interactions with @vickiespencer both here and on your earnings thread and I don’t see any kind of harassment.

Your posts and replies indicate that you have never read either Fiverr’s Terms of Service or the Forum’s official guidelines.

So my suggestion right now is to read them both, thoroughly.

:arrow_right:See Forum Rules, Fiverr ToS and a summary of Community Guidelines .

13 Likes

Is it allowed to give access to your Fifa account to someone else?

1 Like

It is most definitely not allowed.

3 Likes