Fiverr Community Forum

I have a Rating Issue

Hello I have a issue. at once a buyer order me for make a emoji and i was do this properly and delivery that. whin I delivery I will say '‘If there are any problems, please let me know. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can’'
But he give me 1 star rview.
Now what can I do?

1 Like

If your buyer doesnt give you any feedback and no opportunity to fix the problem… Make sure you’ve made an attempt to contact them once or twice over the course of a few days to 1 week…

If you hear nothing from them , submit a ticket and ask for the review to be removed due to being unable to fix it or not being able to work it out with the client who ordered… They may remove it one time for you… But they will tell you it will never happen again… (which is not really true , however don’t let it happen again for a very long time) – Best tip I’ve got is communicate what your buyer needs properly before allowing them to place the order (if possible)… This way the buyer knows exactly what they should expect to get … or they are the problem to begin with.

Good luck - !

2 Likes

I highly doubt it was a communication issue. When I check the other reviews all the customers are huppy, does it mean communication was different? That buyer had issues the comment being “ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” What does that mean?

1 Like

Once upon a time that they might have removed it, today nope.

2 Likes

I can’t understand. when I delivery I will say ‘‘If there are any problems, please let me know. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can’’ but he can’t ask a revision
Now what can I do?

You can either ask him to change your review via the Resolution Center – if you feel that the review was inappropriate, or, you can accept the review and move on to other orders. Buyers are able to leave whatever review they think accurately reflects their seller experience.

1 Like

Can I now contact customer support to remove the ‍nagitive review?

Can I now contact customer support to remove the ‍nagitive review?

Customer Support does not remove gig reviews unless they break the rules – which doesn’t sound like it would be the case with your review. The only way to obtain a different review, is to use the Resolution Center to ask the buyer to change their review.

The odds of that happening, though, are probably rather slim.

You earned a bad review. It happens. My advice: accept it and move on.

1 Like

Reply the review. Write something like this:

I thought you were happy with my work, I told you “If there are any problems, please let me know. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.” Why didn’t you?

Replying reviews helps! I’ve gotten some orders because some buyers like my replies.

1 Like

Thanks all for suggestion ! My problem is solved. I am very happy.