I have been blackmailed

a_arslan_7232

Hi All,

Can someone guide me on this issue?
I was reached by a customer. He placed the order and I delivered him. He gets away. The order was completed automatically. Then he came back and placed another order. Then he said I don’t like it and then he gets away. that order was completed again automatically.
After some days he came back and was asking for a refund. I told him that a refund is not an option and he said that we will do something in the future. I agreed.
Now he came with blackmailing that if I don’t do his work he will put up the matter with Fiverr. I am busy with my current orders.

What should I do? Do I need to block him or contact fiverr? Will fiverr support me?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi All,

Can someone guide me on this issue?

I was reached by a customer. He placed the order and I delivered him. He gets away. The order was completed automatically. Then he came back and placed another order. Then he said I don’t like it and then he gets away. that order was completed again automatically.

After some days he came back and was asking for a refund. I told him that a refund is not an option and he said that we will do something in the future. I agreed.

Now he came with blackmailing that if I don’t do his work he will put up the matter with Fiverr. I am busy with my current orders.

What should I do? Do I need to block him or contact fiverr? Will fiverr support me?

I told him that a refund is not an option and he said that we will do something in the future. I agreed.

Why did you ever agree to work again with someone who demanded a refund from a previous completed order?

• Like 12

Did you complete the order to gig specifications, and quantity of samples?

Terms of service fiverr.com/terms_of_service :

• Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order Page while an Order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Gig page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.

Payment T&C (part of the ToS) https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions

Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.

If you did not, then the Buyer can request revisions. If you can’t, they can cancel. If you did, then you might have to report them for trying to blackmail you.

• Like 5

Thanks all of you. I have just raised my concern at the customer support and also block the buyer as he was demanding from me to do the data entry. I am not good at it.

I hope you do not have a Gig under the Data Entry category here if you are not good at it? I know a lot of new sellers tend to pick that category to put a Gig in as they think it will be easy money.

GG

• Like 6

I hope you do not have a Gig under the Data Entry category here if you are not good at it? I know a lot of new sellers tend to pick that category to put a Gig in as they think it will be easy money.

GG

I hope you do not have a Gig under the Data Entry category here if you are not good at it?

He does have a data entry gig.

Ask the CS to cancel the order

Why would he ask the CS to cancel the order if he delivered everything he was supposed to?

• Like 5

I hope you do not have a Gig under the Data Entry category here if you are not good at it?

He does have a data entry gig.

Ask the CS to cancel the order

Why would he ask the CS to cancel the order if he delivered everything he was supposed to?

Why would he ask the CS to cancel the order

Because of the problem he is facing. If he won’t cancel the order himself, either the CS will (of course if the buyer submits a ticket) or we will end up getting a negative rating from the blackmailing buyer

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

This is a really tricky situation that you're in, and it's hard to know what the best course of action is. It sounds like this customer is taking advantage of you and your kindness in agreeing to do work for them in the future. It's definitely not right for them to be blackmailing you like this, and it's not something that you should have to put up with. I had an experience of being extorted, and some experts helped me. Maybe they could help you too. Also, the best thing to do in this situation is to stand your ground and not give in to their demands. Suppose they follow through with their threat and contact Fiverr. In that case, you can explain the situation to them, and hopefully, they will understand. In the meantime, it's probably best to avoid this customer and not take on any work for them, even if they offer to pay you.

Edited by sverreet
  • Like 7