I have been waiting for work for 4 months and there is a new development

serrakizilkaya

It’s too early to say that everything I’ve experienced is true yet. But there are some experiences,

• Perhaps it would be enough to add a few gigs of really good quality instead of adding many similar gigs.

• As long-term designers say, the cover photo is important. But another important thing is the fit of the profile. If a photo you chose for your profile photo looks complex or sarcastic, the customer will not find it professional. This is exactly an advice that is equivalent to experience.

• Your advertisement on social media may not be bringing the potential buyer. But it definitely brings you interactivity.

• No matter what works you sell, be minimal or maximalist. It is a mess between the two and brings out-of-date works.

• Pricing is so important that I want to draw attention to this. Be sincere to your work and pricing honestly. My advice is to use a 3-pack and organize wisely. Leaving the customer indecisive between categories indicates that you priced correctly. Because sometimes he/she may find the secondary package more profitable instead of making an additional fee. It’s up to you!

• Although this is an off-platform activity I’m going to say, read books that teach you patience and stability. I read this book whenever I am in despair (napoleon hill think and grow rich)

I’m sure there are people who find some things I say strategic and avoid sharing them with others.
But the reason I shared this post is because I have a busy week at the end of my entire wait. Maybe 1 month ago I was wandering around the forum desperately and thinking about what I could change. Sometimes I came across advice or misdirection that I thought was ridiculous. But these are my sincere advice.

Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Good tips. I have got some additions to that.

Perhaps it would be enough to add a few gigs of really good quality instead of adding many similar gigs.

• I have 1 gig and i have been using it actively for 1.5 years. I will create another one when its ready. But this information can change according to the services you provide. I draw characters and 1 gig is enough for it. Some guy with social media management might need individual gigs for per social media platform they can work on.

As long-term designers say, the cover photo is important. But another important thing is the fit of the profile. If a photo you chose for your profile photo looks complex or sarcastic, the customer will not find it professional. This is exactly an advice that is equivalent to experience.

• Cover photos and gallery pictures are the second most important thing. You are correct about that. Making a collage out of many work you have done is a good way of showing many works at once. Just be careful to not look overwhelming.

Your advertisement on social media may not be bringing the potential buyer. But it definitely brings you interactivity .

• If you dont have a big social media pressence, its almost useless to share your gig on platforms. Who are you going to show it to? Your friends and familty? The car factory you are following? That is most likely be useless. However you can find someone with a lot of followers to do that for youç

No matter what works you sell, be minimal or maximalist. It is a mess between the two and brings out-of-date works.

Showing some expertise is always a good idea. Nobody is great at everything, so presenting yourself as “i can do everything” is not believable. However some people would like to see some decoration. I dont think there is one true way for this. But surely, update your gig from time to time.

Pricing is so important that I want to draw attention to this. Be sincere to your work and pricing honestly. My advice is to use a 3-pack and organize wisely. Leaving the customer indecisive between categories indicates that you priced correctly. Because sometimes he/she may find the secondary package more profitable instead of making an additional fee . It’s up to you!

In addition to this;

This also affects how professional you look. Altough 5 dollars might be an amazing income in some countries, i would not stay as “i can sacrifice my firstborn for 5 dollars” No. Being reasonable with prices are important too. Cheaper is not always better.

Although this is an off-platform activity I’m going to say, read books that teach you patience and stability. I read this book whenever I am in despair

I havent have an experience like this, but outside of fiverr you can always, ALWAYS learn how to progress your business in fiverr by taking courses online and get better at the service you provide here. You can go on the internet and find many videos to improve yourself. This is very important and only way to crawl out of the hellish “new seller” curse 

Archived