Fiverr Community Forum

I have no idea what to do

Someone is threatening negative feedback for the following:

"Sorry, I do not like the items, the grammar very low quality and plagiarized two articles, going http://www.grammarly.com/ Control

Treating_Depression.odt plagiarized

Antidepressants.odt plagiarized

Please send unique articles, good grammar without plagiarism.

thanks"

In almost 2,000 orders, I have never had one person complain about articles being plagiarised, let alone poor grammar. In fact, I have never had one complaint about the quality of my writing. These articles were based on knowledge I already had, and thus involved no internet research whatsoever, nonetheless, I ran them through Copyscape and they 100% passed. The guy is not backing down though. he says that the Grammar sucks and I have stolen the articles from somewhere, and I don’t have long to correct it before he leaves me negative and gets a refund…seriously. First time I have ever been upset at the prospect of negative feedback.

By the way, his concept of ‘low quality grammar’ is using an automated piece of software to check it for him. He ran it through a piece of software that told him there was poor grammar, but he is unable to identify the actual problem as he is from Spain…

1 Like

I can’t actually deal with the plagiarism as there is none there, so I am at a loss of what to do. If there was even the slightest hint of two words copied from somewhere else I would sort it, but there isn’t! I have tried customer support, but said I need to work it out with the customer, but that is impossible as he can’t point out the errors to me :frowning: sigh

Customer Support said his claims are far too thin on the ground. These were articles about antidepressants which apparently borrow one sentence from a website about kitchen worktops…which of course is the first place I am going to head if I am writing about antidepressants right? :o

Can’t you just cancel the order?

itsyourthing said:
  • Can't you just cancel the order?

• Rate this commentVote Up0Vote Down

• Not going to cancel as I have completed the work to an incredibly high standard. I don't just throw away money! :o

You’ve asked for the buyer to point out where the plagiarism is, I’m assuming? Can you print screen the Copyscape results and send that to him to prove they’re not copies?

This sounds to me like someone trying to get something for free. Don’t give into it Ryan and get all the evidence together in case you need to get the feedback removed by Customer Support.

It may be worth running it through grammarly to find where the supposed grammar issues are and then you can explain why they’re not issues. I’ve had problems with those who’s English is a second language and had to explain why the problems aren’t actually problems and I’ve never had a problem after that.

I hope it works out for you.

aingham69 said: You've asked for the buyer to point out where the plagiarism is, I'm assuming? Can you print screen the Copyscape results and send that to him to prove they're not copies?

I have, he says he isn't going to pay for a grammarly subscription to find out...I have sent him screencaps of Copyscape. I actually went into Grammarly and found that it was a single sentence (generic) that apparently can be found on a website about Kitchen Worktops (I was writing about Antidepressants) He said he can't accept them, as it still means I copied it from somewhere, but Copyscape is 100% fine.

I've gone through Grammarly as well with regards to grammar errors. I pointed them all out (he still didn't want to sign up for a subscription) and there were a few things thrown up as errors which weren't really errors. He still won't listen to me though *sigh*. I did find one error which was a comma in the wrong place, and sent him the corrected copy. Thankfully at the moment I have customer support on my side. He isn't going to get anything for free at all. Never had somebody complain about quality before, so it is all new to me!

I’d take the bad rating. Then leave an explanation as to what happened.

Just from how you worded your post I can tell that you don’t have poor grammar. Silly buyer.

You can’t please everybody.

Bad ratings are a part of doing business and a few negative comments look normal on any highly used gig.

I actually get a little suspicious when I see no negative reviews on a gig with hundreds of sales.

It really sounds like someone looking to get a lot of work for free and I’d gather all the evidence ready for his negative feedback to get CS to remove it. As you said, they’re on your side.

rankhigh said: I actually get a little suspicious when I see no negative reviews on a gig with hundreds of sales.

Agreed. And a seller has the option of leaving an explanation in their own feedback.

If it’s really an original article, then spin the article, then go to the site he is using to check the article and check it there. Spin the article until it passes his stupid software… Then give it to him… lol

Yesterday I had a customer say that he wanted me to deliver 200 orders for 1000 dollars. RIGHT AWAY I blocked him. He would have probably turned out to be like your customer. Stubborn, scammy and problematic! Fiverr get rid of people like this. Hey Ryan you should tell your crazy buyer to come read all of these comments just so they can see how dumb their acting as a customer who demands.

I had something similar happen today! I sent a buyer a post, 250+ words; researched, unique content, with keywords, etc. They sent it back claiming it was “pretty bad” and had grammar issues… no way! I had my friend, who is the editor at my full time job, look it over, and she found one typo. I was a little annoyed, and even told the buyer that I had someone review it, but I’d make the word changes they asked for anyway. I also know the buyer wanted UK style over U.S. style (which is a little out of my depth) and maybe a lot of that pertained to word choice/structure? But man, how discouraging. I just sent a follow up edit and hope they don’t cancel, as they threatened to. Also my first complaint about grammar ever! And they also check for unique content through a software.

@ivywinter

good luck! Hold in there and Fiverr customer support will see your side of the story (they don’t want things like that to be automatically checked!) In the end he left it for four days, no response after saying he would look into the errors. I got a random feedback later on saying ‘superb articles’ so I am guessing he was just after a freebie.

ryangillam said: I got a random feedback later on saying 'superb articles' so I am guessing he was just after a freebie.

At least it worked out in the end.

Yesterday I had a customer say that he wanted me to deliver 200 orders for 1000 dollars. RIGHT AWAY I blocked him. He would have probably turned out to be like your customer. Stubborn, scammy and problematic! Fiverr get rid of people like this. Hey Ryan you should tell your crazy buyer to come read all of these comments just so they can see how dumb their acting as a customer who demands.

You do realize that you are replying to a SIX year old thread - and the person who started the thread is likely not even reading the forums (not even sure he is still here) and certainly cannot reply to your “encouragement” to tell his crazy buyer from SIX years ago to come read the forums as Ryan was permanently banned from posting here.

Gotta love the necrothreads.

GG

3 Likes