I have no idea why this was denied

Got an invitation form this site requesting I post for a gig. I decoded, sure, why not. I posted a message requesting someone pitch a proposal for social media traffic to be steered my way. Then a few hours later, I got this generic message:

Hi k_d_bellston,

Unfortunately, your Gig request “I have a new book out on Amazon (Soft…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:
• It was misleading/unclear
• It contains contact information (i.e. Skype, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
• It contains payment information
• It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
• You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request
**Repeating these violations can result in your account being restricted. **
**For more information, please read our Terms of Service. **
**And for tips on how to grow your Fiverr business the right way, visit Fiverr Academy. **

The Fiverr Team

So I went back and looked at the ad. It was, verbatim:

I have a new book out on Amazon (Soft Targets by K.D. Bellston), and am ready to launch as soon as the Audible files are up on Audible (already submitted.). I want someone who can get me some buzz and/or interest in it. I have a sample file available on my website (redacted) and there are a few sample chapters available through the Amazon sample at https://www.amazon.com/Soft-Targets-Terrorism-Endangering-Thousands/dp/1543105408/ I am new to this, and wary. Pitch me something inexpensive that pays for itself, and then we will talk more.

Now, since I did not know I could not tell people what my website is, and the email threatened me with perma banning if I screw up again, I am very wary of posting ANYTHING at all. So, I need to know is there a pre-approval link I can send proposed ads to, because frankly, I don’t know how ANYONE can possibly be expected to drive traffic to my website if I cannot tell them what the website is.

I mean, seriously, that is a little like calling a cab company and they have a rule you cannot tell the driver where you want to go!

Also, I am very disturbed that payment information cannot be discussed when their software specifically asked me what payment range I was looking for!

I am really confused about this, and the lack of any hint of customer service to help sort it all out is not very encouraging.

Amazon sued Fiverr (or its sellers) a while back and it got messy. That was over fake reviews. There are other more expert Fiverr nerds than me to help you, but I reckon scotching all refs to Azon will work, along with dumping URLS. Alternativley, pretend to be a seller as that will fly thru the vetting process with, well… flying colors.

As far as I can tell, it’s a mix of witchcraft, voodoo and something that someone pulled out their ass earlier and a supervisor in a bad mood.

You may try removing the word Amazon but of course that will not describe your intention, so you could ask them to contact you about it first. Don’t mention any website or URL.

You can also ask customer support if that is allowed. Be sure to tell them you are not asking for reviews. Ask how to go about this.

I’m pretty sure a Seller has to make an offer in order to contact the person who posted the Buyer Request, though.

@artlifeoriginal Do they have to follow through with the offer if it turns out that it’s not something they can do?

Here’s a Buyer Request that got through on March 10: “I make this money”

I have never seen any that were reviewed for being unclear. Many are are unintelligible. Yours is not that, so I’d eliminate that as a possibility.

They don’t like you to post contact info or URLs. That being said, there are always ones that contain that information. That doesn’t mean that you should do it too though. That rule stems from their “no contact outside Fiverr” commandment.

As far as the payment information, that doesn’t apply to the “budget” field. When Fiverr says “no payment information” they mean exchanging methods of payment that are outside Fiverr (they don’t want to lose their cut). Basically, you can’t offer payment outside of the Fiverr system.

You can attach files to a Buyer Request (your sample file).

You could also try saying things like “a major online Bookseller”.

This was a Buyer Request, right @k_d_bellston?

@misscrystal Once a Seller sends an offer, it’s there. The Buyer is free to purchase as soon as the offer’s made, or at any time until they delete the Seller’s offer. I thought there was a withdraw button for the Seller but I don’t see it.

I try to be careful if I make an offer because if I promise something and send a price, they can instantly buy it at that price (and demand I deliver what I said). As a result I never offer on unclear offers, or ones that don’t explain what they want. I see variants of “I need a (whatever they’re asking for)” all the time (with no additional information).

The Seller can always cancel if the Buyer purchases anyway :unamused:.

Honestly, the system needs work.

I think it was a buyer request. They asked me to post a request for services to be supplied by people here.