I have received a letter about the survey Fiverr to buy ads

huynhkhoe

Fiverr has used surveymonkey several times before but usually the surveys have been linked to their newsletters.

Real or not i seriously hope fiverr won’t go down the paid advertising road. Atm what’s nice about fiverr is that it’s not about who’s got the biggest budget (like most other rival platforms i worked on).

Reply to @ricksper: Totally agree. It would only enable the people who are already making huge amounts of money to make even more money, while making it more difficult for people just getting started or don’t have the funds to devote to advertising to get started or hold on to their sales. Basically, what @mgjohn78 said.

Fiverr’s a relatively even playing field right now. If you work hard and deliver what you promise, you have the ability to do well. Depending on where they are going to let people pay to advertise, this could make things very difficult for the sellers who are not willing to pay or don’t have the budget to pay.

You do understand that your sales won’t have any effect on this most likely? It’s very likely that sponsored gigs aren’t showing first in search results, so your high rated gig is still more convincing.

Otherwise there would be junk gigs only in the first 100 results in every category.

mrproofreading said: Horrible, horrible idea.

Be sure to express your opinions in detail on the survey. Keep in mind, it could be much worse. They could have just as easily made it a thing (like the new rating system) without the input of their users and surprised us with it the day the moment it came out.

I'm happy that is at least a survey, one that values the community feedback. :)

Hard to say. Among results would be the logical choice. Perhaps when sorting by recommended the first line is sponsored gigs that rotate randomly? But it would be unfair if when sorting by rating and bad rated sponsored gigs would be first.

Or not even first but randomly higher in results still.

I guess the survey went out to some people and not others. I didn’t get it and I can’t see all of the screen shot so I’m just guessing based on what is in the thread. If anyone could put some plain text up regarding what the email/survey says I would love to at least know what other people are getting to voice opinion on. It seems like from reading the thread that every seller on Fiverr got the survey message (except me) though I’m so tired right now maybe I am paranoid or maybe this is blatantly showing somewhere and I missed it entirely. 😉

Archived