I have recieved 300 impressions

matthewgould694

Hello I am new to selling on fiverr and I have gotten about 300 impressions in less than a week and 2 reach outs but they only ever want me to do half the work for free, I don’t feel comfortable doing that should I just flat out refuse, i did one of the 2 because I am a new seller then the guy just didn’t respond back(i assume I got scammed) please help.

Have you read this thread yet?

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

Have you read this thread yet?

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

I had not, thank you for that I have been trying to just read, and use my knowledge from selling my skills elsewhere but the people on this platform are definitely of higher caliber that is why I want to work on here, Thank you again for your help.

One other question if the portfolio items I have made but do not have them uploaded because they were made for someone not on this service, am I still allowed to post it I did all the work myself. plus my web content I have created is live. will there be any issues with that? It is my portfolio but do not want to get in trouble for potentially advertising other sites.

Depends on your contract with those other clients. Do you have, or can you get, their permission?

Fiverr ToS:

• Sellers warrant that any content included in their Gigs shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Gigs, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Gigs.

Depends on your contract with those other clients. Do you have, or can you get, their permission?

Fiverr ToS:

• Sellers warrant that any content included in their Gigs shall be original work conceived by the Sellers and shall not infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks or service marks. In the event that certain music or stock-footage media are incorporated within the Gigs, Sellers represent and warrant that they hold a valid license to use such music and/or footage and to include them in the Gigs.

1 of them is I do content for each month so I am pretty sure he would be fine with me using it but will reach out to make sure and wanted confirmation from the community before I started the process of contact. Thank you again @imagination7413 you ARE super helpful 🙂

Archived