I have seen a problem, about adding tags

when i create my gig i was allowed to add maximum 5 tags but i have seen a lot of other people who are using upto 11 tags in a single gig ?

can any one explain how is it possible ?

what are the benefits of adding 10 OR more tags ?

please have a look at attachment

Waiting for your guidance

Thanks

I have never been able to have more than 5 tags since I started here, about a year ago. Maybe old gigs were allowed more and were grandfathered in?? :expressionless:

@sooperlogo

This is most likely a pre and post V2 related issue.

@voiceoverwork

Please have a look at attachment image this account is created 9 months ago

and a lot of other accounts exist who are created 6-7-8 months ago and have entered more then 5 tags :frowning:

waiting for reply

Thanks

celticmoon said: I have never been able to have more than 5 tags since I started here, about a year ago. Maybe old gigs were allowed more and were grandfathered in??

I'm sure that's the case. Before this change, you could type in as many tags as could fit in the Tag field. After editing old Gigs, my 7 or 8 tags had been reduced to 5. Not only that, I find that you are no longer allowed to create your own tags but are forced to choose from a list.

@ricksper I just created a new gig yesterday and was able to write my own tags, although a drop-down box DID show up with similar tags. I assumed they were tags already in use, suggestions for me to use, but I wrote my own tags without problem.

I still was restricted to 5 tags, however.

celticmoon said: I wrote my own tags without problem.

Strange, I just attempted to add tags that did not generate a list or were not part of a list and it would not accept them. For example I typed in "ten". A list was generated that included those characters but it would not accept the word "ten" as a tag. I tried other words with the same results.

Did you hit the “comma” key after writing “ten”? If it’s not working for you, I bet it’s a browser issue. I use IE, but there’s no question Fiverr is optimized for Chrome or something else, however you might need a more up-to-date version or something. It really sounds like a technical problem, but just guessing here. (And just for ha-ha’s, I went to one of my gigs, deleted a tag & wrote a new one…still worked for me.)

Well, in case anyone reads this thread, I have to admit that the OP pointed out to me that one of my gigs has more than 5 tags…and it sure does! But it’s the only gig I have which has not been updated in any way since Fiverr version 2 went live, and that seems to be the explanation. We were able to use more than 5 tags in the original Fiverr, something I guess I forgot. Now we can’t. So that’s the scoop!

Reply to @ricksper: I also think the tag has to be 4 characters or longer. Maybe that’s it?