I haven't received any orders yet

soniabristy

What I have learned through browsing this forum is that freelancing is a fickle business. Furthermore, it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Trust me, I know your struggle! It’s difficult to get orders (I experience the same issue) and sadly there is no magical answer on how to get orders. Two things that come to mind though are these:

Stand out from your competitors
Research your competitors on Fiverr. Are your gigs standing out with their thumbnails? Is your description clear enough? Do you properly engage potential buyers with this description and clearly explain why you are worth it to buy a service from?

Marketing (social media or otherwise)
Another thing I struggle with myself, but it’s very logical when you think about it. Just difficult to successfully execute sometimes. First and foremost, not everybody knows Fiverr exists. Of course, when someone is looking for a specific service they might be redirected to the site but they might not either. Marketing can lead them to your profile. Secondly, through marketing you can let both your skills and personality speak more. If people do come to Fiverr they are bombarded with many other sellers providing the ‘same’ services. If you can target people outside of Fiverr, they might feel more comfortable buying from you.

Here are also some links that might help you with some hands on tips you can put into practice yourself:

Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide - Fiverr Tips / Tips for Sellers - Fiverr Community Forum

Your Profile is your Brand: make it memorable - Fiverr Tips / Tips for Sellers - Fiverr Community Forum

Are You a New Seller? Not Sure Where to Start? These are the Resources You Need to be Successful on Fiverr [Long] - Fiverr Tips / Tips for Sellers - Fiverr Community Forum

I hope this helped a bit. It can certainly be frustrating at times, but all I can say is hang in there! I hope you’ll get your first order soon 😃

What I have learned through browsing this forum is that freelancing is a fickle business. Furthermore, it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Trust me, I know your struggle! It’s difficult to get orders (I experience the same issue) and sadly there is no magical answer on how to get orders. Two things that come to mind though are these:

Stand out from your competitors

Research your competitors on Fiverr. Are your gigs standing out with their thumbnails? Is your description clear enough? Do you properly engage potential buyers with this description and clearly explain why you are worth it to buy a service from?

Marketing (social media or otherwise)

Another thing I struggle with myself, but it’s very logical when you think about it. Just difficult to successfully execute sometimes. First and foremost, not everybody knows Fiverr exists. Of course, when someone is looking for a specific service they might be redirected to the site but they might not either. Marketing can lead them to your profile. Secondly, through marketing you can let both your skills and personality speak more. If people do come to Fiverr they are bombarded with many other sellers providing the ‘same’ services. If you can target people outside of Fiverr, they might feel more comfortable buying from you.

Here are also some links that might help you with some hands on tips you can put into practice yourself:

Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide - Fiverr Tips / Tips for Sellers - Fiverr Community Forum

Your Profile is your Brand: make it memorable - Fiverr Tips / Tips for Sellers - Fiverr Community Forum

Are You a New Seller? Not Sure Where to Start? These are the Resources You Need to be Successful on Fiverr [Long] - Fiverr Tips / Tips for Sellers - Fiverr Community Forum

I hope this helped a bit. It can certainly be frustrating at times, but all I can say is hang in there! I hope you’ll get your first order soon 😃

Thank you very much. Your advice is great.

Archived