Fiverr Forum

I just completed an awesome order \ "Contact me for discount trial update"

Among my most pricey orders, or among them. The awesome part is that its some of the best work I’ve done here so far. Combined with the previous order I completed for the same client these orders total nearly 5000 words. 2/5 of that on the future of blockchain, and 3/5 of it on blockchain in the United Nations. Particularly the second part was exciting to write.

In other news I’m officially putting on pause my “contact me for up to 33% discount”.

I had a big yellow note on my gig image to contact me for a discount, to try and dissuade people from ordering without contact. All in all, it was a success. I had at least one customer order something I really enjoyed working on for the higher price without contact. I will say that I’m making less money now than I was with lower prices, but with a more reasonable work-load.

In June, I complete 20 orders for $700, this month 7 orders will bring me $500. I’ll say that’s an improvement. More time to focus on each client. Of course I plan to continue trending those #s upwards, however this month being a little easier has been a great relief. (note: that’s a result of working fairly constantly, and charging the lowest rates possible vs supply and demand)

why I’m pausing what I consider to be a successful experiment: I’m not nearly as busy as I was when I started that special (when I really needed less orders). Also, I raised my price so it became only a 25% discount. Rather than change the sign, I decided to just list the standard price and not have to calculate it in my head for each new order.

More testing, we’ll see how buyers react to the gig-updates. Maybe customers will appreciate straight-forward pricing rather than maybe 33% discount.

hopefully now I’ll have the time to create a (fiverr approved) blogspot.com portfolio, showcasing some of my work; along with a couple other “self employed chores” I’ve been meaning to do. Considering I’ve been freelancing for half of a year, after not being employed for a dozen years, this feels like better progress than I could have expected.