Fiverr Community Forum

I just got a $100 tip - here's how!

Yesterday, I delivered another proofreading order. I was proud of my work, and relieved that I’d delivered it, but I wasn’t expecting anything special. Today, I found out that not only had the buyer accepted the order and given me a 5 star review, but he also gave me a $100 tip on top of the $150 order! This was an amazing surprise, and I’m really grateful—I’d been working hard on the order for a month, so it was great to get recognition for my work.

So, here are the key points that led me to get this bonus $100:

• I delivered early (but not too early). By planning ahead and scheduling, I knew I’d complete this order within the 30 days I had to do it.
  • It was a big project, and I went above and beyond to satisfy the buyer by providing high-quality work.
  • I communicated in a friendly but professional way with the buyer to ensure he was clear on what services I would be providing.

If you’re hoping to get a tip like this one day, good luck! Hopefully, if you do all of these things, you’ll be lucky enough to receive one soon.

Has anyone else got any advice or stories about receiving tips from buyers? Feel free to share them below!

40 Likes

@Elena_canty Congratulation.
Thanks for sharing some great tips.

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations, thanks for the tips

1 Like

Congrats :bouquet: :bouquet:

1 Like

Congratulation! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats…And a nice tip👏

1 Like

Congratulations for Tip.

1 Like

Tips are like hugs, when you get them that means you put out energy worthy of a good hug.

I find that a tip (and all tips are fantastic) comes because you are just doing what you always do but the tipper sees the goodness and may have a few extra dollars in their budget. Rarely do I require an “extra” order for someone and sure enough here comes a tip larger than the extra!

If you try to please everyone for a tip or a good review, you may be disappointed. It’s those who just recognize your talents and professionalism who are the generous buyers.

Great job!!! Do the right thing when no one is looking.

3 Likes

Wow! Congratulations and keep it up.

1 Like

Congratulations. Very useful tips

1 Like

Wow. Thanks for the generous words.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with your points. If you can provide the service beyond the buyer’s expectations, they will return you something good. I too receive tips and the highest was $50 as I remember.

2 Likes

wow congratss. thankyou for such wonderful tips. hoping to hear more from you :innocent:

2 Likes

WOW :star_struck:
Congo for it :innocent:
I think I can also do this type of works :neutral_face:

1 Like

Congratulations :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing such helpful tips

1 Like

You’ve said it’s a big project, you had an entire month to complete it, and yet you charged $150. That’s a daily rate. For some experienced pros maybe closer to a half day rate.

I don’t want to be negative and I’m sure you delivered a great result, but I suspect that your buyer felt guilty, and still ended up with a bargain even after that tip.

As sellers we’ve got to set realistic prices to start with.

Yes, we should always celebrate the successes, but any order that takes a month to complete is worth far more than $150 - stick at least another zero on the end.

4 Likes

20k word proofreading job?

Wow!! Great!!
Congratulations!

1 Like