I just got a negative vote for a stupid reason

anacristina89

Somebody asked me to make a video for him, and I did it.

I delivered the video but the buyer saw the video BACKWARDS and he asked for a modification.

I remade the video and delivered again-still backwards.

I uploaded my video on youtube and on my facebook page to see if this was backwards, and it wasnt.<br /> The video was correct !<br /> <br /> I told him that he most probably have an issue with his video codecs from his computer, because the video was perfect and he saw it backwards.<br /> <br /> Than he posted a negative review and said I was rude. So this was a lie!<br /> <br /> He used unpolite language and he said " Wow, nice way to talk to someone. How the hell am I supposed to know that there are things such as decoder issues?????????? "<br /> <br /> These are his words.<br /> <br /> But I provide videos, not PC services, so it wasnt my fault that his computer wasnt updated and his video program was broken.<br /> <br /> My video was correct, his video program was broken.<br /> <br /> I contacted the fiverr customer support and asked to remove my negative vote.<br /> <br /> I sent my entire conversation with this gentleman so they can analyze it.<br /> <br /> I am almost sure they will remove this negative vote, but even if they remove this, my OVERALL rating will be 99% or 100% again?<br /> <br /> I dont know why some people are so mean. Any problem can be fixed in good manners, some people don`t know this unfortunately.

When he left his negative review he also posted the video sample that I delivered to him, and surprise! The video is NOT backwards - again- the video is correct - so I am right.

My question is:

I am almost sure they will remove this negative vote, but even if they remove this, my OVERALL rating will be 99% or 100% again?

They=fiverr team

Thank you

Hmmm…I looked at the video in the buyer’s feedback and it appears to be backward as well. The message is shown first and then it burns. From both your options (Option A and Option B) I think it was supposed to burn in reverse and then you reveal the message. Is that what they ordered? Message first, burn second?

I agree with @cheezees. Sorry Ana, but it is playing backwards from here as well. If the message was supposed to burn first, then it is definitely backwards.

Try to fix it and deliver again. I’m sure he will remove the negative feedback as soon as you deliver the proper video and talk to him. 🙂

Best Of Luck.

Reply to @cheezees: By backwards he meant the letters were backwards and the words were impossible to read.

For example Fiverr = rrevif (like mirror effect)

I send 2 videos to him like I already said , one video is - message burns at the begging and the other video - message burns at the end, just to see if both videos are backwards - they are not backwards like he said to me.

I repeat, backwards = mirror effect.

Do you see that sample in this way? Because I don`t see it like that.

By backwards he meant the letters were backwards and the words were impossible to read.

For example Fiverr = rrevif (like mirror effect)

I send 2 videos to him like I already said , one video is - message burns at the begging and the other video - message burns at the end, just to see if both videos are backwards - they are not backwards like he said to me.

I repeat, backwards = mirror effect.

Do you see that sample in this way? Because I don`t see it like that.

Well, in that case, then the video is fine. I can read the letters perfectly fine from here. 🙂

If I were you, I would try to remove that negative feedback by any means. That negative feedback is killing your gig! I mean, 50% positive rating looks awful and will turn away potential buyers.

Treat him as if he is your best friend. I know it’s hard in this situation, but nothing good comes from a confrontation between buyer and seller. Don’t call him a bad buyer even if he is. Buyers are always your best friends. That’s the way it has to be if you want to maintain 100% rating here on Fiverr.

First wait and see if Customer Support removes the feedback for you. Worst case scenario, offer him a refund if everything else fails. Most buyers agree to that. I rarely do that (that’s why I only have a 2% cancellation ratio in almost 6,000 orders completed), but sometimes it has to be done. It’s not good, but certainly better than that 50% positive rating on that gig.

🙂

I offered him a refund, but no answer from him. I have no problem in refunding, but he never replied to my message.

He is a bad buyer, he is not a “friend”. I did a great job and we could fix this in good manners, this is what I want, thats why I am here. I am polite and I am always ready to help even if I have a 5$ order or I have a 100$ order.<br /> <br /> I am always polite, but I stand up for the truth, I cant say he is a good buyer if he is not.

This is about respecting each other. And I got no respect.

Sometimes confusions appear, it is not the end of the world, there is always a way to fix this. He acted like it was the end of the world and he used bad language.

He made me very sad. I dont deserve this. Sorry, I dont want to look like I dont have modesty. But I know I dont deserve this.

Thank you for your comments, this helped me a lot!

It is good to see that somebody understands this simple problem.

Have a great day!

Just a stupid question: are you sure that your buyer is not watching video from Fiverr preview? In the past I saw someone complaining for the very same problem: video on preview panel was not synced.

Naturally video, once downloaded, was ok; so be careful: preview can be a problem sometimes…

• 4 weeks later...

Archived