I just got started on Fiverr

art_iculate01

Hey Everyone, My Name is James & I’m a designer. Just recently I decided to bring my skills here on Fiverr. Got my account set up and thankfully, I got an order already. And as promised on my gigs, I delivered the Job perfectly such that the buyer loved it! She in fact tipped me 😃

It’s a good thing I made the decision of bringing my services on here. Can’t wait to create more amazing designs and rendering perfect services !

Cheers to the holiday season! 💥

Hello everyone, I have been on Fiverr for a short while now, Job hunting hasn’t been the smoothest thing really. Could anyone here with a lot of experience kindly leave behind tips and thing to do which would pop up ones impressions, views, clicks, and of course orders through the roof?

You have asked the same question of about 50 other new people to Fiverr have asked in the past two weeks.

All I’m going to say is that there is a lot of competition here.

You have to work on making your Gigs unique to those of your competitors. 

There is no “magic trick” to increasing your visibility. Work hard, be patient and offer Gigs for skills you actually have.

You won’t get rich here, either. But if the stars fall into the right alignment, you can make a decent part-time income…after a while.

Good luck. 

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 6 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (with filters applied --> forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

My advice is to take 2 hours out your day in order to gather the information that’ll help you succeed. Start by using the search engine on the forum and type in any questions you may have (How can I get more orders? How can I improve impressions? Can I promote my gig? Do I need to add a video to my gig? etc).

Then make sure the information you are reading comes from a reputable seller. While gather this info, open up another tab on your browser and write down all the helpful tips that’ll help you. Then spend another 2 hours the following day implementing the tips.

I realize that I just wrote 100 words and could’ve possibly gave you the info you required, but putting in that leg work yourself is part of being a successful freelancer.

Hey everyone, I just got on Fiverr recently, not up to a month ago. Despite such competitive category I found myself In, I got trusted by some, to work on their projects, and I could proudly say they are all satisfied with the quality of job I delivered. According to my knowledge from research and learning from other’s experience, I think the bottom line of being successful as a Fiverr seller or Freelancer (generally), is by rendering excellent services. Deliver as exactly as promised, or maybe more. Never less! Also, it is key to not see Fiverr as a quick money-making scheme. Set out here to provide professional services.

I wish myself and every Freelancer here, whose sole intention is to provide excellent services, huge success in the long run!

We would like to learn more from more experienced sellers such as those with Top Rated and Level Two Seller badges, Kindly drop tips to maintaining a proper Fiverr life.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Here are some tips put together by other Fiverr Forum sellers and myself.

1. It is possible to get orders even when you sleep. By being online 24/7, you will be less productive and not provide top-quality communication or work. Also, Fiverr does not condone auto-refresh apps.
  2. Posting your gigs all over social media is SPAM, and besides, your friends and relatives are not your target buyers.
  3. Use Buyer Requests ONLY if you can do a great job fulfilling the buyer’s requirements.
  4. When making offers on Buyer Requests, do not use copied and pasted offers. Each Buyer Request is unique and needs a different answer.
  5. Make sure your profile is perfect. Spell everything correctly and use proper English grammar.
  6. Make sure your gig images are different from any other seller and make sure they are eye-catching.
  7. Never copy another seller’s gig mages or wording.
  8. Do not do homework for students. Doing academic work for students will cause you to lose your gig and maybe even your account.
  9. Be patient.
  10. Offer fair pricing for your products.
  11. Offer quality products.
  12. Always be kind to Buyers (even the ones that tick you off).
  13. Seek to improve your product quality over time.
  14. Pay attention to what your Seller competitors are doing and learn from them (asking this question is a step in that direction).
  15. Be honest.
  16. Expect failures, disappointments, and cancellations but also expect successful events as well.
  17. Offer a set amount of revisions. If you offer unlimited revisions, unscrupulous buyers will take advantage of

Been on Fiverr for not a long period, but I have definitely noticed some things. Actually a lot of things! Logo(& Graphics in general) Design is undoubtedly the the most crowded category here on Fiverr, filled with a larger percentage of unprofessional people who would actually opt for free “Logo Maker” and other resources to create generic designs and deliver the so called project. Among such competition, It is really difficult to thrive, despite one’s skills!

Personally, I want my works to speak for themselves. Putting in the right and appropriate amount of time, energy, and dedication into every project, with my skills would definitely result in unique designs.

BE UNIQUE!

You have said a lot.

Fiverr is flooded with Sellers who don’t have skills, have limited skills, have lied about their skills and have faked some skills.

It makes it tough on those of us who have the skills we are trying to promote.

However, Fiverr also has a reputation of being an easy platform to use and an easy one to qualify for to be a Seller.

It has a lot of good points including that there are a lot of very skilled Sellers here who produce fantastic, quality work at prices that are far less than other professionals in the same fields.

But I do feel your frustration as I have it as well.

Archived