Fiverr Forum

I just got suckered by a seller? Have you ever?

The following discussion tells the story:

Conversation with fragglesrock

:arrow_backward:

This message is related to your request 'Create a simple multiplication table kids quiz for android’

fragglesrock: Can i help you ?

Sorry I don’t see how. You don’t have an android gig

I know but im an android programmer and maybe i can help you?

i will create an android gig soon.

Okay create the gig and let’s see what you offer.

This is my Gig

http:/fiverr.com/fragglesrock

I want multiplication table from 2 to 10 (2x2, 2x3, 2x4… 10x2 , 10x3, …10x10) with multiple choice. Do I get source code , just in case I want to change something later ?

Yeah i can make this kind of quiz , but the source code i can’t share it sorry :slight_smile:

If you want to change something just tell me i will do it for you :slight_smile:

If you want to order it , first give me more information how you want to look like do you want to add pictures or something else etc. and after order my gig

OK thanks

Can you give me an idea of how you intend to achieve this ? Like is it a web-hosted app or native ?

Is this app for you kids or you gonna sell it ?

I thought to make questions random , every time when you open this app questions to be different .

Or to make the quiz a little bit different , the quiz to have a question and textfield , questions to be random and the person who intend the quiz should write the result on a textfield but as you like it …

Native app .

It is to be distributed free for kids in Africa .

It will need to be random questions and multiple choice answers

With a button to go to next question.

Title: Junior School Multiplication Table Quiz.

Will there be a splash page for credit ?

By Cognisci ISTD Foundation

www.fragglesrock

I will send logo .

I will do two apps .

One java applet for smartphones

One android app.

Please do the java applet first

Logo attached

cognisci.jpg (33.1 KB)

Are you thinking for Java Applets for web browser .

Because Java Applets will not work within a browser in Android as they do not make a plug-in like the ones you d find for a desktop computer. There are no plans for creating one since the resources required would not suffice on a mobile device and the technology is considered obsolete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_applet

"Some browsers, notably mobile browsers running Apple iOS or Android do not run Java applets at all.[29][30]"

But i saw some topics on Internet that they are some tricks to run Java Applets on Smart Phones but nothing is guaranteed. ( 95 % Not Work - 5 % Works )

This is why a lot of Java Programmers can’t program for android because they have to study how the android works and what android needs

No problem let’s just do the android app. Thanks

You’re Welcome .

And thank you for ordering my gig

I am ready to send your quiz …

But when i am going on order page it shows me this

WAITING FOR ORDER REQUIREMENTS

Please wait until the buyer responds to your instructions.

Hi;

I just now bought an Android phone to test this app.

1. I did say that I wanted a splash (start) screen which will display our organisation’s name and web address something like followig:

Junior School Multiplication Tables Quiz

by

Cognisci ISTD Foundation

www.fragglesrock

2. You only have 11 questions (including 0x and 1x which are not wanted) . I wanted the entire multiplication tables from 2 to 10 as follows:

2x2, 2x3 , 2x4 , 2x5 …2x10

3x2, 3x3 , 3x4, 3x5 …3x10

4x2 …4x10

10x2 , 10x3, 10x4…10x10

Is this something that you can amend ?

Thanks

so you just want to remove 0 and 1 ?

And you want to re-design the app ?

Right ?

No I don’t want to “redesign”. Apparently you did not understand my instruction from the onset. I am just reminding you what I said I wanted. Look to the top of this thread and you will see what I meant … "I want multiplication table from 2 to 10 (2x2, 2x3, 2x4… 10x2 , 10x3, …10x10) with multiple choice."

You have done the opposite.

Later I said, :

It will need to be random questions and multiple choice answers

With a button to go to next question.

Title: Junior School Multiplication Table Quiz.

Will there be a splash page for credit ?

By Cognisci ISTD Foundation

www.fragglesrock

I will send logo ."

You have certainly not done what we agreed on. Thanks

Fixed

Junior_School_Multiplication_Table_Quiz.apk (231 KB)

No it is not fixed. You have certainly not followed the instructions.

You have only 9 questions. There should be 81 questions:

2x2, 2x3… to 2x10

3x3,3x3 … to 3x10

etc

etc

etc

9x2, 9x3…to 9x10

10x2, 10x3… to 10x10

Also the starting page should have:

Junior School Multiplication Tables Quiz by

Cognisci ISTD Foundation

www.fragglesrock

If you cant achieve this, then put at top with the title.

Is this possible? It is certainly getting quite frustrating for me.

Hi;

Are you still working on this or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks

Hey sorry for delay .

I can’t change the quiz now , if i want to change it i should start from the beginning all it should change everything .

But the starting page i can change it for free , but first of all you should send me a picture use paint how you would like too looks …

If you want to change complete all your quiz with 81 questions i can do it for 50 $

Sorry for delay

Sorry I am not willing to do it for 50$ . I gave instructions which you agreed to apparently without understanding them. Will you give a refund ? Thanks

Hello, can I have your response on this. I am not willing to pay 50$ and since you are not able to do what I requested could you kindly give me a refund and let’s part ways amicably. I certainly do not like being ignored while giving a legitimate complaint and should wish to receive a response from you by end of tomorrow.

Thank you.

Only if you can pay me more i can do it because all project i should start from the beginning

Thank you

No problem. If you can’t deliver the job then return the money.Thanks.

[Sheriff’s Note: Please refrain from calling out sellers and posting external links. Thank you. :slight_smile: ]

Reply to @bingewebcoder: The forum is the place for you to vent and share your experience, but please keep it general.

To report a user by name for inappropriate behaviour on Fiverr.com is most effective through customer support. The can investigate, monitor and take necessary actions.

Cheers!

Customer support should be able to help you.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Lol

Reply to @musiclover:

I wish I knew where to start with customer support. There doesn’t seem to be a direct channel for complaints such as this. Not that I can’t let go of $5 and I certainly can afford to pay $50 if the job is worth that amount- heck I have done quite a bit of business on fiverr very recently and I have met some great sellers who simply take pride in their work. But I am simply irked by the dishonesty of this fellow. It is people like this who give fiverr a bad name.

@Sheriff

I really don’t see how I cannot post seller name and urls if they are directly related to the post and permits reader to have a clearer view of what the post means. It will for example have interested everyone to know that the seller has taken down the gig since this disagreement and obviously so that I am unable to rate him badly. And in any case I have not misrepresented the situation because the post is a screen copy of actual conversation which took place between me and the seller. I can send you the url for you to see by yourself.

For some reason as I read through the story I get the impression that you may have been conversing with more than one person. That doesn’t change the fact that they said they would do “A” for $5 and then said it would be $50, but it’s a possible explanation for why they seemed to understand what you wanted for a time. Of course, they may have just decided they didn’t care to spend any more time going back and forth.

The Fiverr mantra: Contact Customer Support.

Good luck!

Reply to @itsyourthing:

It certainly was one person. Only he got greedy (because he realised I could pay more) or thought nobody would waste their time trying to recover a fiver so I got the finger-up treatment. I just hate that attitude.

I have complained to customer support and given the work out to someone else to do all over again. Thank you.

In any case I will never again be the first buyer to purchase a new gig from any seller

Well as the saying goes : “once bitten twice shy”