Fiverr Community Forum

I just missed my first order!

Hey gyz , I am new on fiverr.
On 26th i posted my first gig on fiver and on 27th afternoon, i got a message from client asking me about the project that he wants me to do, i was so happy.
Client messaged me - “i am quite busy and my project is huge to explain here, so why dont we just have a voice call”
since at that moment i was out of town for some work and i was travelling through train, so i replied the client - “Sorry sir but right now i am not available for voice call can we discuss about the project through chat or i’ll be available for voice call after 2-3 hours”
I was sure that after this reply i’ll lose this client and thats what happen.

so i just wanna know did i did something very wrong i mean this wud be my first fastest sale on fiverr . since after that its been 4 days and i have even published 2 more gigs and i didnt got any order or any message.
I am still regretting that 27th afternoon. :frowning:

You are not allowed to have voice calls with buyers on Fiverr. It is also 99.99999% likely that this person was going to attempt to scam you.

Almost all new sellers get approached by buyers like this when they first start on Fiverr. A as a basic rule, all should be avoided like the plague.

4 Likes

Hi is a scammer. Don’t lose hope you will get an offer very soon .

1 Like

So you mean we can’t voice chat through through discord or ■■■■■, etc and discuss about the project, i mean that wud be more convenient. BTW thanks.

Did you find voice call button on fiverr ??

No, but the client messaged me his Discord, ■■■■■ and hangout ID. can’t we voice chat through these.Is it against the rules of fiverr.

Yeah,indeed it is prohibited by Fiverr

2 Likes

@aniz_pixelz, would you mind reading Fiverr’s TOS instead of arguing?

Conversation outside Fiverr IS NOT ALLOWED. Period!

4 Likes

Nothing to regret!

“To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.”

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Suggest you carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

Enjoy the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

But what happens if your Gig requires contact? For instance, I am offering to play video games with someone or tutor them Korean through a program that requires voice, these gigs are approved by fiverr but still against the ToS?

It’s allowed in some cases when the gig specifically requires it but you need to discuss it with customer support first and get a confirmation from them that in your specific case, for your specific gig it’s okay.

1 Like